Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just a small update for those that do not follow the official forums:

I made another class changer quest today. I'm at 2/5(+1 for second part) now and the most difficult ones to trigger are done. Tomorrow I will try to get to 3/5.

Once all the class change quests are finished, the rest of the mapping is a piece of cake and will be done very fast, so release is coming closer and closer every day. :thup:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
the release has actually been delayed by three month, has it not?

im starting to lose my trust in you people =[
The amount of content that was added for every delayed release day also grew bigger and bigger, so it's worth it in the end. I am sure that it will not take more than two more weeks, as everything that is important is almost done now. Once I finished all the class quests (currently almost done with 3 / 5), the rest gets done very fast, as everything else is only about creating object data and using registry funcs, such as some polishing of the terrain.

EDIT:
Some new ingame footage featuring the first part of the class change quests of Cleric, Ranger and Magician ...
79665d1271428758-screenshots-upcoming-mainquest.jpg

79666d1271428758-screenshots-upcoming-clericevent.jpg

79667d1271428758-screenshots-upcoming-mageevent.jpg

79668d1271428758-screenshots-upcoming-rangerevent.jpg

79669d1271428758-screenshots-upcoming-classchange.jpg

79670d1271428770-screenshots-upcoming-fog-classchangequest.jpg

Co_oki

Reaction score
BTW starcraft 2 is about to come out this year durning these months, soo are you guys planing to stop production when it comes out???.

Note: if you do stop you could just give production to another person.

whats the plan:banghead::confused:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
BTW starcraft 2 is about to come out this year durning these months, soo are you guys planing to stop production when it comes out???.

Note: if you do stop you could just give production to another person.

whats the plan:banghead::confused:
Didn't decide on that yet. When the time comes, I will create a poll in the official forums, wether to make it open source or not.

Steelmor

Reaction score
Sweet

Nice screens... Some English "errors" though...

First Screenshot

"a few" instead of "few" just sounds better when you say it out loud...

I'm a little confused by the You will realize (keep the "will" if your suppose to realize something in the future... get rid of "will" if you mean you're currently realizing... or say "You realized" if your character previously became aware (I don't think this was meant for the past tense though)

You would use a colon : instead of a period in that sentence... the list is an incomplete sentence... if you use the colon then you don't need only to start the next sentence either

"You (will) realize(d) there are only a few people left in this town: Those that are too poor to get a horse, the last part of the shattered military, and some greedy traders."

You can get rid of "have remained" saying "there are only a few people left in town" makes "have remained" a bit redundant

4th screenshot

Use numerous instead of lots... sounds better for a druid (not necessary though)

"Were you aware that Gaia was worshiped in Ankhmaron long ago?"

"Before this civilization began, there were numerous temples everywhere."

The correct spelling is worshiped... :)

If someone has already fixed these errors i'm sorry for bringing them up again.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
The texts are just placeholders made by me. We have someone totally rewriting them into proper medieval english.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Calculating the shadows now. Map will be published once this is done.

PS: Be sure to vote into the open-source poll on the official forums:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ant-gaias-retaliation-wc3-open-source-165182/

Also, I'm looking for someone with a strong SINGLE CORE cpu that may be able to calculate the shadowmap. On a dual core, it simply takes way too long (over 25+ hours) ...
Would love if someone could do that for me. Just leave the computer on for a day and it should be done ...

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Theres an exclusing test game on european servers happening now. If you are interested to participate, join "Clan TuX" channel ob Battlenet now.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
So , gaias orpg will be playable by all wednesday at 12:00 or ??? ...
Depends. As soon as the shadows are done, the release will be uploaded.

PS: Hosting another test game right now at channel "Clan TuX" on european servers. Join the channel if you want to participate.

PS2: If you cant wait those 10-12 more hours until release, I made this quick trailer for youtube :>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6h4IZPB06E

approX!

Reaction score
Hey I know youve been asked for it but I want to be really sure now. Yo WILL NOT reset codes right? I just dunno if I have to wait until new version to start or I can level my character now and be rdy for new version. Thx in advance

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Due to a bug in the save/load system, but also because of the many people that cheated out there (abusing the multi hero bug and such), there will be another code wipe. Sorry for that.

MaTh-

Reaction score
Pffff again code resetter , 2 MONTHS for have a cleric level 32 and u want again resetter , tsssssssssssss

joshlau7

Reaction score
Warcraft III freezes up when I start to load the map. Do I need to play it on battle.net/lan instead of single player?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.