Gate troubles/Trap Troubles

beachmonkey1

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to make a map with buildable gates that can open and close as an ability. I need help. Last time I tried it it crashed Warcraft lol. Also I want to make buildable traps that your opponent can't see but are only one time use. Spike trap for instance.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For the gate, create a region that when a unit enters it, it will open and when it leaves, it will close

FOR EX:
Open Gate
EVENT:
- Unit enters <region>
CONDITIONS:
None
ACTIONS:
- Destructible - Open <gate(in the region of course)>.
- Trigger - Turn off this trigger
- Trigger - Turn on Close Gate
- Set <variable unit> = Entering unit

Close Gate
EVENT:
- Unit leaves region
CONDITION:
- Leaving unit Equal to <variable unit>
ACTIONS:
- Destructible - Close <gate(that's in the region)>
- Trigger - Turn off this trigger
- Trigger - Turn on Open Gate
- Set <variable unit> = No unit

So, in every gate you have 2 triggers, so when you have many gates, this would take a long time. Parenthesis () are not included at the trigger :banghead:

For Traps, you should put Permanent Invisibility and Invulnerability on it, and the base unit (NOT MODEL), circle of power, as it does not have pathing

EVENT
- Time - Every <second(s)> seconds of the game

CONDITION
None
ACTIONS
- Unit - Pick every <unit of type spike trap> and do (Multiple Actions)
- ACTIONS:
- Create a special effect at <position of <picked unit>> using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleMissTarget.mdl
- Unit - Create <DummyUnit with chaos damage> for <owner of picked unit> at <wherever point you like> facing Default Facing Degrees
- Wait 0.20 seconds
- Unit - Cause <Last Created Unit> to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius <120> at <Position of Picked Unit>, dealing <your damage> damage of attack type <Chaos> and damage type <Universal>

If this wouldn't work, I'm sorry :( but it's the only thing I know about traps and gates (I use it in my map :D )

beachmonkey1

Reaction score
Sorry I don't think this gate thing will work because I am not going to pre-place the gates, I want people to build them and click an ability sort of thing.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
beachmonkey1 said:
Sorry I don't think this gate thing will work because I am not going to pre-place the gates, I want people to build them and click an ability sort of thing.

I think you have to use the bear form spell as your base spell. Change it to where you have Opened Gate changed to Closed Gate. And have Closed Gate change to Opened Gate. Make 2 custom spells. Name them Open Gate and Close Gate. Make Open Gate put the form: Opened Gate. Do the same for the closed. Apply the opposite of opened and closed to both gates. Make Opened gate no pathing or something. That should be the thing. Sorry if it didn't work.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oww, you didn't say anything about building the gates :D
Well try the trap, maybe it'll work at your map... If you don't like it to be spike trap (for ex., fire trap) just change the Special Effect to Doodands somwhere like that... And plz, if you release this to the internet, DON'T GIVE CREDIT TO ME (I'm serious :nuts: )

TNX,
-=TôinK=-®™ / DenZel94 - (wc3sear.ch[site for mdl donwloads and gives secret spells like in DoTA] and thehelper.net [site for great posting :D ])

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.