Getting rid of Items with no charges

ryerye1996

Cool Member
Reaction score
alright. It's been long since i've been on world editor and i have a problem. What I want to do is to get rid of an item when it has ran out of charges. for example: when you shoot your bow you get rid of 1 charge of the arrows. but when the arrows are out of charges it just stays as a normal item and has no purpose except wasting inventory. i know you could just drop the item when you are out of charges, but then there would be a mass amount of items with no charges in the map. i have tried a trigger but it just gets rid of other items such as a bow that isnt supposed to have charges. help is appreciated!!!:thup:

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
How about you use the same trigger. But this time, put your want-to-be-removed items in 1 Classification such as "Charged". Then, make a condition to check if the item is in the "Charged" category. If it is, remove it.

ryerye1996

Cool Member
Reaction score
i would but i'm using the classification "charged" for another trigger that uses different items so is there another way?

ryerye1996

Cool Member
Reaction score
wait, i thought that would work but since every item that has charges is depleted through triggering, it doesnt work.... anyone know any possible other way

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Do you have any other item categories that are unused? If all are used, I guess you have to use Item Custom Value. Just set all your charged items' default custom value to 1 in map initialization. And just check in the trigger if the custom value of the item is equal to 1, if yes, then remove item.

Glenphir

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
This action might help

hero - order hero to drop item of type YOURITEM
item - remove item from the game

Don't know hot to detect charges though :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.