Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Wasn't that in the books?
So nothing in Harry Potter is really a spoiler unless you didn't read the book.
But I don't remember a thing about the books 1 - 6, I just remember if I watch the movies. Or the important stuff, like what he just said, lulz.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
if you read the last book in the series. She wraps up everything really badly in my opinion >.> at book 6 she reveals all this new junk that we havnt even heard about and she expects us to go with it >.< Anyway. Book 6 has a lot of deaths, and its all in 5 pages >.<

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I'm a romantic but this had too much lame romance. As in it wasn't good, too cliche, and quite frankly frustrating to watch. On the bright side, Ron isn't a bitch anymore. :thup:

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
ehh.. I'm an avid fan of Harry Potter but I think a lot of the movie was ruined for fans who read the books. A lot was missing and Ginny's performance was awkward.

I like that they were able to make the sceneries exceptionally beautiful.
The ending was a little abrupt just because they decided to make the 6th movie a prelude to the 7th (at least thats what it felt like).

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I LOVED this movie. Being of the same age-group as the main characters in the story, we can relate to some of the romantic situations and awkward moments, which is what makes it so damn funny!

But in the same breath, some scenes in that movie terrified me.
Specifically, when
That girl gets hexed in the snow and sort of floats in the air and screams
When those nefetiri drag Harry underwater

Even though the story has been almost rewritten, I feel that the changes make it into a better representation of the events. I found the 6th book to be dull, boring, and a bit of a disappointment, however, the movie simplifies the story and makes it easier to understand and appreciate.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I was disappointed overall, although there was alot more of the weird humour that was lost somewhere after the first couple of movies.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i cant believe they cut out the entire action scenes after dumbledores death, when all the good guys fight the bad guys... they didn't even mention it. I was waiting the whole time for the last part...

Although, some scenes was adapted quite well, the massive chunk that was missing just made the movie not very harry potter imo.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
i cant believe they cut out the entire action scenes after dumbledores death, when all the good guys fight the bad guys... they didn't even mention it. I was waiting the whole time for the last part...

Although, some scenes was adapted quite well, the massive chunk that was missing just made the movie not very harry potter imo.

And this is exactly why I stopped reading the books, I have waited about 3 years to finally enjoy a potter movie as if it where just another movie:p

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Really? They took out the pew-pew pow-pow scene? D:
Or wasn't that in the last book? Is the part where one of the Ron's brother's twin gets hit on the ear and loses it or something in the 6th or 7th book?

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
he loses his ear in the last one. The last one has the most pain brought upon the characters

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Watched this one just like I watched all the ones before. The only thing the Half Blood Prince did for me was to remind me of how horrible all the Harry Potter movies are and why I hate them so much.

It's choppy, nonsensical, and with some horrible acting. I think no one who didn't read the book could understand what the hell was going on (and some people who read the book might not either). The entire movie was like a really bad slideshow, jumping rapidly from scene to scene, sometimes not even bothering to explain the correlation between them.

I didn't care about the characters, and the few action scenes there were were horribly downgraded. The movie changes the atmosphere of the book so much. One particular moment that stuck out for me was in the "final battle", which they completely took out for some reason. There was no tension, no sense of urgency, nothing. Snape wasn't even the deranged raving lunatic he was supposed to be when he faced down Harry.

Conclusion: Harry Potter deserves better.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
To be honest, i'm not going to watch it considering how... "well" they've done their previous movies.
I'll probably be dragged on my head to it though.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
To be honest, i'm not going to watch it considering how... "well" they've done their previous movies.
I'll probably be dragged on my head to it though.

Not a bad idea. This movie was made WAY too much as a segway movie.

Example would be ...

*Relationship stuff*
*Talks about what Voldy did in the past ... a bit*
*Relationship stuff*
*Talks about what Voldy did in the past ... a bit more*
*Relationship stuff*
*Builds more upon Voldy's past*
etc.

And WHY ...

... did the director leave out the big battle between the teachers and the Death Eaters? Yes, I get it, you are trying to build drama out of Dumbledore's death by playing dramatic music and showing Harry Potter crying like a baby. That doesn't mean you leave out the big wizards-on-wizards fights!

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
... did the director leave out the big battle between the teachers and the Death Eaters? Yes, I get it, you are trying to build drama out of Dumbledore's death by playing dramatic music and showing Harry Potter crying like a baby. That doesn't mean you leave out the big wizards-on-wizards fights!

I entirely agree, the whole thing was very anti climactic.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well the fight wasn't that big, lol, they just came in and stormed the castle.
Haven't seen it but taking out a battle does sound bad, lol.
Perhaps they are saving it as an interesting opening to the next movie, like the second it - wait, did this movie pass the battle? If not, it could like start with the fight.
o_O
Wait, don't tell me. I'll just watch it, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
one of the most ridiculous thing they left out is when Snape says/shouts "DON'T CALL ME A COWARD." I mean the snape vs harry scene was there(the whole book of half blood prince was almost as much as its about voldemorts past as with Snapes so like the symbolic scene for Snape was just not there.)... but snape acted like he didn't care which is... and harry forgot to use the killing curse on snape and the crucio cruse attempts...

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
one of the most ridiculous thing they left out is when Snape says/shouts "DON'T CALL ME A COWARD." I mean the snape vs harry scene was there(the whole book of half blood prince was almost as much as its about voldemorts past as with Snapes so like the symbolic scene for Snape was just not there.)... but snape acted like he didn't care which is... and harry forgot to use the killing curse on snape and the crucio cruse attempts...

Agreed. I though it was a REALLY good performance by Rickman, but at the same time he left out a whole part of his character in that last scene. Director's fault, though, probably.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I don't really think long books are very good in movie form. I personally was disappointed by the movie, but I suppose it wasn't something they could help. A lot happens in Harry Potter that has nothing to do with underlying plot, and when you try to incorporate all this into a 2 hour movie it becomes very incongruous. Less of a solid story and more of an account of unrelated events. Like your wife telling you about her day. First this happened, then this happened, then that happened, and so on and so forth. Even so, I still plan to see the next 2 (I heard the 7th was going to be 2 movies), because I'm a faithful robot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.