Having Trouble With a Poson Ability

Slywolf15

Reaction score
Well I have a poison innate that poisons the unit when it's attacked. Anyway I made a new poison buff and tried applying it to the ability although for some reason the poison ability still uses the old poison buff. This is quite troublesome due to I have another ability that uses the buff to work. Anyway any help on this issue would be appreciated.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think buffs are hard-coded into the ability, so your best choice would be to change the old buff stats to 0 and then it will appear to do nothing.

Slywolf15

Reaction score
I think buffs are hard-coded into the ability, so your best choice would be to change the old buff stats to 0 and then it will appear to do nothing.

Well what I'm saying is, the old buff completely overrides the buff I made. I'm not quite sure how to fix that.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried putting all the stats to 0 and adding your new buff to Stats - Buffs?

Slywolf15

Reaction score
Have you tried putting all the stats to 0 and adding your new buff to Stats - Buffs?

Yes, I have a completely new poison ability with the buff I made. I also changed that stats like you suggested of the old buff and ability. It still isn't working.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What does it do when you try and use it? Does the new buff do anything?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What did you do on the new buff? Can you change the old buff to work like the new one?

Slywolf15

Reaction score
What did you do on the new buff? Can you change the old buff to work like the new one?

I could although that would probably affect future abilities that may use a poison buff. Wish I knew why this was acting the way it was. If you would like to take a look at the map I can upload if needed.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure, I will check it out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.