Help with skinning the male villager model for a noob

insaneownage

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm making a skin for the male villager model. However, I don't know how I would go about adding in player color support into it.

Meaning, I want his armbands to be red if player 1 owns the unit; blue if player 2 owns the unit, etc.

How do I add support for player colors into this skin?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I've never bothered to actually try with the modelling I've done, but from what I have noticed to do it you would have to make the team colour parts a seperate geoset from the rest of the model, so when you convert it to .mdl (if thats the method you use) and add the main skin path, you also add the texture again on a new line with 'replaceable_id 1' or (whatever it is) underneath. This is so the model file knows that any part of that model with this texture path on it will have team colour.

After that you assign that texture to a new material, and under the geoset that requires team colour you add that material id. Then, with the skin, you make the areas transparent on the alpha layer so that the team colour comes through.

Sounds complicated? I reckon so lol. You would be better off making a new model, coz im pretty sure if you seperate parts into a new geoset then you are going to need to reanimate it anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.