Help!

bryanEX1993

Reaction score
Help me anyone? I have a serious problem and i do not know how to fix it. My map is not compactible to be played on 1.24b. How am i supposed to make it compactible? +Rep!!

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Open the map in WE and save it again, also fix all the parsing errors it makes! ( If there are any )

bryanEX1993

Reaction score
Cant, i tried it before. I had to switch my version now to 1.23 just to update and make the map. If i open in 1.24 and saved it, it would be unable to create the game in the Frozen Throne Programme.

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
ur having problems and ur not a jass scripter right!? thats strange i thought only jass code was effected by the Unsafe type casting fix

DarkSpyro003

Reaction score
Hi there,

I came by this issue by coincidence, and decided to make an account just to reply, and describe the problem =)
(copypasted from my reply on battle.net forums)

For the map developers who haven't figured out themselves yet, here's the solution of your broken custom maps (link to a picture explaining it): http://ds003.com/imgExternal/HighDetailServing/wc3mapbug.png

This is being caused by some hidden map code being created a second time in the map (all GUI variables, and some other things I don't really understand). The "old" copy of the code is now visible in the map's main JASS (custom script code) section of the map (not in any triggers, but if you click the map itself in the trigger editor, look at the pic for details). This usually happens to maps with quite a bit of triggers, though I can't pinpoint the exact cause. Just deleting the "old" copy of the code will fix the issue (again, see image).

[Edit] Note for people with JASS scripts in there: Make sure you don't delete them together with the rest of the code, to make sure I'd copypaste the script from the map opened in an older version of the editor, then paste it over everything in the newer version of the editor.

Extra note: Please try to think of a more descriptive title next time, it kind of helps us to know what kind of problem you're having before we open the thread.

Hope this helps!

Best regards

~Spyro

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.