How do i know when all the creeps are dead in a td?

Menelaus

Reaction score
Hi, I'm making something similar to a TD and im sort of a noob at map making. Anyways, i dont want the next wave to start until all the creeps are dead in the previous wave. I tried doing:

Event: Every 5 seconds
Condit: Dark Green's (the team with the creeps who run through the maze) used food = 0
Action: blah blah blah spawn init (which works)

It didnt really work maybe i did something wron but yeah if you could help that would be great thanks

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Make sure the creeps in the td have food if its 0 than you can't check if they are dead or not.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Or you can check for the number of units alive owned by player equal to 0
around there :p

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
heres a way

Code:
Creep Check
    Events
        Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
        (Number of living (Random level 1 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 2 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 3 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 4 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 5 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 6 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 7 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 8 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 9 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
        (Number of living (Random level 10 creep unit-type) units owned by Player 11 (Dark Green)) Equal to 0
    Actions
        -------- Your Choice --------

hope that helps:D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> heres a way

There's no way that's reliable.
Not to sound offensive, but that won't work at all.
You can't pick random creeps like that. How do you know you have those types of creeps on the map?
What about all the other level 1 unit-types that you didn't check?
What if the unit that's being used isn't a creep by the computer's standards? I mean something like a Grunt or Footman.

Make sure the creeps use food, then use the Event (Player's) Food Becomes Equal to 0.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
> heres a way

There's no way that's reliable.
Not to sound offensive, but that won't work at all.
You can't pick random creeps like that. How do you know you have those types of creeps on the map?
What about all the other level 1 unit-types that you didn't check?
What if the unit that's being used isn't a creep by the computer's standards? I mean something like a Grunt or Footman.

Make sure the creeps use food, then use the Event (Player's) Food Becomes Equal to 0.

first of all he wanted to know how to know if there were no creeps left not footman or grunts:D. ovestly hes made a creep td so thats what came to the top of my mind. I don't get people who say something like oh my that wont work at least they try to help;). Is trying to help worse then never trying:rolleyes:?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Either way your trigger won't work :p
The trigger needs to look for a specific unit type, because if it's a Random Level X creep, there can be other creeps, like bandits, spiders, ogres, skeletons, etc., and not always the specific TD Creep. Unless you meant by level as in wave level, then :p

To solve (hopefully)
Untitled Trigger 001
Events - A unit Dies
Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Number of living Footman units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
(Number of living Knight units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
(Number of living Rifleman units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
(Number of living Mortar Team units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
Actions
That condition is found under Integer Comparison.

EDIT
@Ghan down there :p
Ah yes, I hate those things :p
I forgot how to fix them lol >_<

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I don't get people who say something like oh my that wont work at least they try to help. Is trying to help worse then never trying?

Please don't feel like I was attacking you. That was not my intent.
My goal here is to solve the problem. I was just pointing out the problem in that particular solution that you presented.

I believe that esb said it well. You need to check for specific unit types instead of random ones.

And thank you for helping, even if this solution doesn't work. :D

@esb

Those leak unit groups, I think, in case you missed it. ;)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
no offense taken at all:D i was just pointing out is it better to help then to not help at all:rolleyes: anyway that was just a quick trigger i thought of. And im no expert at triggers but i can do practically anything because of sooooooo many tutorials on the net its impossible to do nothing with GUI:rolleyes:.

Menelaus

Reaction score
WOW
that was really fast
ok sry but it turned out to be something totally different than what i asked for so it works fine now. even though i want to thank you very much for ur help and if i have any more questions i will be sure to use this site.

i think that this thread might be useful to other people so i wont delete it. if theres already one like this or if u guys think i should delete it then i will

thanks again!

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> i think that this thread might be useful to other people so i wont delete it. if theres already one like this or if u guys think i should delete it then i will

You can't delete the thread.
Only moderators and higher can.
And things don't usually get deleted unless they are flames or spam.

Just for reference. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.