How to change hero's name and players name

JrWolfe

Reaction score
I need help with two things.
1) I do not know if this is possible but is it possible to make a trigger to change the name of a hero to the players choosing of what they type during the game something like "HeroName: Name of hero here"

2) I know ive seen this before in Polar Escape 3. You say something and it changes your name just like a name spoofer without the name spoofer hack

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
1. I have no idea if it's possible

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -name as A substring <change -name to whatever your command would be>
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Set name of (Triggering player) to (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
The first one is impossible. I've tried that many times. If it is possible it has to be a new solution.

Z

Zell

The first one is impossible.
Not impossible, just very , very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very... very, very, very long and tedious. You'd need to make a proper name for each hero that is every possible name (wait, can a hero have more than 15 proper names? Why did I think of 15?). Just don't do it.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
So you want to change the name of the HERO?

Code:
Events:
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -name as A substring
Conditions:
N/A
Actions:
Set Hero = All units owned by (Player 1 (Red)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in Hero and do Hero - Set Proper Name of Hero to (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
Custom Script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Hero)

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Even so, you can't set a heroes proper name ingame.

>So you want to change the name of the HERO?

How did you do that... It's impossible, there isn't a native that sets the heroes proper name.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Really? Well I wasn't sure. I even consulted my friend :/ he didn't say anything about it so I didn't think there was anything wrong.

Edit: Then again, I have seen in an RPG where It sets the hero of your choosing to your name.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.