Installing JassHelper and patch 1.23b

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was trying to install the new patch (1.23b) when I saw my JassHelper could use an update as well. I did the follwing after downloading the newest version here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=88142&highlight=NewGen+new+patch

From JassHelper 0.9.G.0 readme:
...in order to update you can simply copy executable\jasshelper.exe to the NewGen Pack"s jasshelper subfolder.

When I save my map it gives me the following error message:
Unrecongnized PJASS (syntax) error

This did not happen before, so I unsure what to do about it.
Maybe this is it, but I am not sure: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=75239&highlight=NewGen+new+patch

Also, how do you install the new features of patch 1.23b, I dont have a clue :p

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
Go here and download the latest PJass (pjass_10l.zip). Then replace the pjass.exe in <your NewGen folder>\jasshelper\ with the one in the zip you just downloaded. That should fix the error you're getting.

Edit: O lol, this doesn't work with the latest 0.9.H.0. <.< If you got that and this, download the earlier PJass (9j or something) from the thread the link goes to.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the right section. All posts concerning the location of this thread have been removed.

To get the new patch, connect to the Westfall server on Battle.net. You can only do this with an English Wc3 though.

The new Jasshelper (.H.0) gave an unrecognized error for a while. It was a bug on Vexorians side.
It's been updated now. Simply redownload Jasshelper.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Ok thanks, guess I just downloaded the wrong "lastest version". However, now jasshelper pops up saying the following:

Code:
Cannot convert returned value from real to integer

and marks the else statement in the follwoing BJ :)eek: wtf?):

JASS:
function GetFadeFromSeconds takes real seconds returns integer
    if (seconds != 0) then
        return 128 / seconds
    else
        return 10000
    endif
endfunction

I failed to mention that I already downloaded the patch but NewGen does not recognize the type hashtable or any related functions (TimerUtils in this example), so I think there is something more I should do.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Hashtables and any new things are not highlighted because TESH has not been officially updated. Download Artificial's update. It has everything from the new patch.

I'm also getting the error now :-/

I updated PJASS and JASSHelper only to get these errors -_-'

Embrace_It

Reaction score
I'm also getting the error now :-/

Well, that really sucks :( Which error are you refering to? Both?

Anyways, I guess we will have to sit back and wait till some of the NewGen/PJASS people fix it. If it is fixable for them...I am keeping my hopes up though :thup:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
The second one.

But now, my NewGen is also crashing... I can't even get into the blank map created on startup. I see the loading bar that pops up, then when it finishes, it just stops responding...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aren't I lucky that I'm not bothered to update JH until something major is changed.
I'm still using .G.1 :D

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The delimited comments might come in handy.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Aren't I lucky that I'm not bothered to update JH until something major is changed.
I'm still using .G.1 :D

Well, I'm not sure what's causing it, but I can't open any NewGen. Latest JH/PJASS whatever. I'm using v5c NewGen.

EDIT: Ok, I have no idea what's happening, I just tried opening NewGen (Haven't changed jack crap) and now it works? o_o' Testing Syntax Checking Bug W/e It Called Thing Right Now.

EDIT2: Well, isn't that strange, I can open NewGen, but not Trigger Editor. It crashes when I try. Let's wait another half hour and see, yeah?

Note: Downpatching didn't work.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
I'm still using .G.1

Bah! :p

Anyways, I still cant get the new natives to work and still get the unexpected BJ error message when I save my map.

If all I have done is download the patch and let it run to a finish etc., isnt that supposed to be enough?

Ok, Sevion. That is some scary s**t right there, hope it turns out well =P

EDIT: Someone on this forum must use the new natives without getting these error messages. If so, please post here!

EDIT2: Should this be reported to someone btw?

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I dont understand half of it, but this might solve the problem
It solves it .

I'd blame blizzard for having a return bug in the blizzard.j of a patch that was supposed to remove it.

Embrace_It

Reaction score
It solves it .

Nice! Is there some guide/guidelines I can look at to get this to work? I found the jasshelper.conf file, but I'm guessing that you need some special kind of program to open it, and write in the things you mentioned in your post.

I'd blame blizzard for having a return bug in the blizzard.j of a patch that was supposed to remove it.

Yeah ok, that does sound pretty dumb :p

EDIT: A special program called 'Notepad' ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.