Installing JassHelper and patch 1.23b

Embrace_It

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was trying to install the new patch (1.23b) when I saw my JassHelper could use an update as well. I did the follwing after downloading the newest version here: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=88142&highlight=NewGen+new+patch

From JassHelper 0.9.G.0 readme:
...in order to update you can simply copy executable\jasshelper.exe to the NewGen Pack"s jasshelper subfolder.

When I save my map it gives me the following error message:
Unrecongnized PJASS (syntax) error

This did not happen before, so I unsure what to do about it.
Maybe this is it, but I am not sure: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=75239&highlight=NewGen+new+patch

Also, how do you install the new features of patch 1.23b, I dont have a clue :p

Go here and download the latest PJass (pjass_10l.zip). Then replace the pjass.exe in <your NewGen folder>\jasshelper\ with the one in the zip you just downloaded. That should fix the error you're getting.

Edit: O lol, this doesn't work with the latest 0.9.H.0. <.< If you got that and this, download the earlier PJass (9j or something) from the thread the link goes to.

This is the right section. All posts concerning the location of this thread have been removed.

To get the new patch, connect to the Westfall server on Battle.net. You can only do this with an English Wc3 though.

The new Jasshelper (.H.0) gave an unrecognized error for a while. It was a bug on Vexorians side.
It's been updated now. Simply redownload Jasshelper.

Ok thanks, guess I just downloaded the wrong "lastest version". However, now jasshelper pops up saying the following:

Code:
Cannot convert returned value from real to integer

and marks the else statement in the follwoing BJ :)eek: wtf?):

JASS:
function GetFadeFromSeconds takes real seconds returns integer
    if (seconds != 0) then
        return 128 / seconds
    else
        return 10000
    endif
endfunction

I failed to mention that I already downloaded the patch but NewGen does not recognize the type hashtable or any related functions (TimerUtils in this example), so I think there is something more I should do.

Hashtables and any new things are not highlighted because TESH has not been officially updated. Download Artificial's update. It has everything from the new patch.

I'm also getting the error now :-/

I updated PJASS and JASSHelper only to get these errors -_-'

I'm also getting the error now :-/

Well, that really sucks :( Which error are you refering to? Both?

Anyways, I guess we will have to sit back and wait till some of the NewGen/PJASS people fix it. If it is fixable for them...I am keeping my hopes up though :thup:

The second one.

But now, my NewGen is also crashing... I can't even get into the blank map created on startup. I see the loading bar that pops up, then when it finishes, it just stops responding...

Aren't I lucky that I'm not bothered to update JH until something major is changed.
I'm still using .G.1 :D

The delimited comments might come in handy.

Aren't I lucky that I'm not bothered to update JH until something major is changed.
I'm still using .G.1 :D

Well, I'm not sure what's causing it, but I can't open any NewGen. Latest JH/PJASS whatever. I'm using v5c NewGen.

EDIT: Ok, I have no idea what's happening, I just tried opening NewGen (Haven't changed jack crap) and now it works? o_o' Testing Syntax Checking Bug W/e It Called Thing Right Now.

EDIT2: Well, isn't that strange, I can open NewGen, but not Trigger Editor. It crashes when I try. Let's wait another half hour and see, yeah?

Note: Downpatching didn't work.

I'm still using .G.1

Bah! :p

Anyways, I still cant get the new natives to work and still get the unexpected BJ error message when I save my map.

If all I have done is download the patch and let it run to a finish etc., isnt that supposed to be enough?

Ok, Sevion. That is some scary s**t right there, hope it turns out well =P

EDIT: Someone on this forum must use the new natives without getting these error messages. If so, please post here!

EDIT2: Should this be reported to someone btw?

Unfortunately, I dont understand half of it, but this might solve the problem
It solves it .

I'd blame blizzard for having a return bug in the blizzard.j of a patch that was supposed to remove it.

It solves it .

Nice! Is there some guide/guidelines I can look at to get this to work? I found the jasshelper.conf file, but I'm guessing that you need some special kind of program to open it, and write in the things you mentioned in your post.

I'd blame blizzard for having a return bug in the blizzard.j of a patch that was supposed to remove it.

Yeah ok, that does sound pretty dumb :p

EDIT: A special program called 'Notepad' ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.