Lag Eliminating Mission

wilze

Reaction score
I want to congratulate you on your impressive trigger. I'm sorry I can't help you with it though as I'm not very experienced with the editor.

colinjames12

Reaction score
I'm gonna try to post all the most frequently running triggers in my map. Please tell me if these triggers have memory leaks or will they cause any lag?

Trigger:
  • camera
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.08 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 2000.00 over 0.00 seconds)

these next two triggers are executed together and there are many more like this in my map.
Trigger:
  • dash attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Harpy Claws
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Harpy
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Triggering unit) Invulnerable
      • Set harpyunit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set harpytarget = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set dashattacktime = 0.80
      • Unit - Hide harpyunit
      • Unit - Unhide harpyunit
      • Selection - Add harpyunit to selection for (Owner of harpyunit)
      • Animation - Play harpyunit's attack animation
      • Trigger - Turn on dash attack 2 Copy <gen>
      • Hashtable - Save dashattacktime as 1 of (Key (Triggering unit)) in dashattackhashtable
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to dashattackgroup

Trigger:
  • dash attack 2 Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in dashattackgroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set dashattacktime = (Load 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) from dashattackhashtable)
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • dashattacktime Greater than 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Set harpyunit = (Picked unit)
              • Set harpypoint = (Position of harpyunit)
              • Set harpypoint2 = (harpypoint offset by 28.00 towards (Facing of harpyunit) degrees)
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of harpyunit using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Unit - Move harpyunit instantly to harpypoint2, facing (Facing of harpyunit) degrees
              • Set harpytargetz = (Units within 175.00 of harpypoint matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of harpyunit)) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is dead) E
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in harpytargetz and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • If ((Unit-type of harpyunit) Equal to Harpy) then do (Unit - Cause harpyunit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 37.50 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal) else do (Do nothing)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_harpypoint)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_harpypoint2)
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_harpytargetz)
              • Hashtable - Save (dashattacktime - 0.03) as 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) in dashattackhashtable
            • Else - Actions
              • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Picked unit)) in dashattackhashtable
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • dashattacktime Equal to 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Animation - Reset (Picked unit)'s animation
              • Unit - Make (Picked unit) Vulnerable
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_harpytarget)
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from dashattackgroup
            • Else - Actions

colinjames12

Reaction score
anyone there who is an expert on this who can help me quickly. I've finally finish my map but I need help on fixing it.

This is my map if someone wants to check it out. There are a tons of variables and triggers there which is definitely gonna give you a headache. But I suggest if you're going to look at it, just check out the ones with periodic events.
View attachment Grand Chase PVP Match Relay Dungeon.w3x

colinjames12

Reaction score
anyone here who could help me? and please don't tell me what a memory leak is cause for the nth time, I already know what that is.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
A good way to test if it lags is to disable every single trigger apart from that one trigger(s)and see if they lag, if they don't then disable it (Them) and repeat for all triggers. If one of the triggers cause lag that is major or anything like a mem leak then post it, if you have 1 but have not finished testing all the triggers, then do the rest and post them all, that way your not creating 2-3+ threads. That's all I can do to help you :p.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Try to use If/Then/Else (Multiple Functions) for all your conditional actions; it uses less memory than the single, which needs a Do Nothing and consumes extra memory.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.