Lag?

JM08

Reaction score
is it just me, or is the damage taken/damage done supposed to appear a second or two after it is actually taken/done?

--Damage Taken that Heroes/Player's Units Take--
Trigger:
  • Detect Unit
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Show Damage Taken <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Show Damage Taken
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 8.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 100.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 75.00 towards 270.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds

--Damage Taken that Already Existing Creeps Take--
in Initialization Trigger
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Neutral Hostile) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Damage Done <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Detect Unit NH
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Damage Done <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)

Trigger:
  • Damage Done
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 8.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 100.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 150.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds

JM08

Reaction score
would you happen to know where that damages taken post was? i remember reading about leaking, but i can't seem to find it.

JM08

Reaction score
still no difference after adding variables and scripts:

Trigger:
  • Show Damage Taken
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set lochero = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) at lochero with Z offset 0.00, using font size 8.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 100.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 75.00 towards 270.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_lochero)

Trigger:
  • Damage Done
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set locnh = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((Integer((Damage taken))))) at locnh with Z offset 0.00, using font size 8.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 100.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 150.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_locnh)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Your floating text is leaking

No, it doesn't. Only the point leaks.

> is it just me

Just you :p. It happens right after the unit takes the damage. But there are some who said right before the unit takes damage. Either way, it doesn't lag for 1 - 2 seconds.

JM08

Reaction score
just tested it again on my map, and it's at least 1 full second before the text actually appears after the damage has been taken

is my trigger right, or did i do something wrong?

JM08

Reaction score
in this simple map, i don't see the green text until just before the footman's next attack. the red text has the same delay.

Attachments

• testtriggers.w3x
    189.4 KB · Views: 133

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Hmmm... You may probably need someone else to help checking your map. I've stopped mapping for some time and do not have WE.

My advice is to troubleshoot yourself. Use more varieties for testing. Intead of only floating text, you can try Special Effect, Game Text, or even spawn another new unit, just for the sake of testing. Also, try variety of damage, like ranged, melee, spell etc. Don't limit your testing to only 1. If all those don't help, then I'm not sure if I can help further. Because I've never faced such problem before.

JM08

Reaction score
everything else works fine. i just noticed it today (well yesterday now) when i was updating things for the next version of my map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.