<Legend of Shadow> (The AoS)

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
I would offer my help, although currently I guess you could just ask me to do things and not enlist me per se.... Although I'm busy attempting to learn the entire year of Arabic in the next few weeks so I don't fail. Really should keep up in that class....
Anyway, perhaps you should discard the lanes and add in a movement system where they will instead go on a more random path (they go to a rect, then a trigger tells them to go to rect A or B or whatever)? Take down the predictability a little.

I don't get what you mean varine, but if your online today, come to the channel (I'm sure you would, your chieftain), and I'll discuss it with you.

I'm sorry that you have to help me as I know you have no liking to AoS maps

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It's the system I was using for the RPG thing I was/am making.

When the units spawn, you make a trigger that orders them to a rect, although make more than one rect for each of the apperant lanes and make it so that the one chosen is random. So, they spawn at Rect (Region) A, so there will be Rect B and C, which are part of the same lane section. The trigger would be something like:
Event: Unit Enters Rect A
Condition: ---
Action: Order Unit To Attack-Move to (whatever the script is for choosing something randomly) B or C.

It would be a bit more work to make/copy all the triggers and change them to work properly, but that way you can somewhat avoid having that one douchebag that just stands in the lane and kills everything that goes by, because there would be some that will (should, anyway) go around him because the lanes are a little more dynamic. Plus if there's someone that doesn't know much about the triggers he might think you wrote really good AI that is capable of flanking or something.

I just think it's a little boring when you've got five heroes on each side and only like three or four lanes to cover, because it pretty much eliminates strategy and replaces it with a race to get stronger than the other heroes.
It's just whenever I make something like this I try to employ some way for the player that's on the bottom have a chance to win, because that's how it is, and I feel that others should do the same. Well, in the large scheme of things anyway. If you look at past wars, not going to name any to offend anyone... except the American Revolution... the little one often comes out on top, or almost does at least.

And you need to have the super rigged hero like everything else does. I mean, it's only fair after all! Why should the people that play it all the time and look for ways to cheat have to keep on playing with the same remedial heroes as those damn n00bEs?????

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
It's the system I was using for the RPG thing I was/am making.

When the units spawn, you make a trigger that orders them to a rect, although make more than one rect for each of the apperant lanes and make it so that the one chosen is random. So, they spawn at Rect (Region) A, so there will be Rect B and C, which are part of the same lane section. The trigger would be something like:
Event: Unit Enters Rect A
Condition: ---
Action: Order Unit To Attack-Move to (whatever the script is for choosing something randomly) B or C.

It would be a bit more work to make/copy all the triggers and change them to work properly, but that way you can somewhat avoid having that one douchebag that just stands in the lane and kills everything that goes by, because there would be some that will (should, anyway) go around him because the lanes are a little more dynamic. Plus if there's someone that doesn't know much about the triggers he might think you wrote really good AI that is capable of flanking or something.

I just think it's a little boring when you've got five heroes on each side and only like three or four lanes to cover, because it pretty much eliminates strategy and replaces it with a race to get stronger than the other heroes.
It's just whenever I make something like this I try to employ some way for the player that's on the bottom have a chance to win, because that's how it is, and I feel that others should do the same. Well, in the large scheme of things anyway. If you look at past wars, not going to name any to offend anyone... except the American Revolution... the little one often comes out on top, or almost does at least.

And you need to have the super rigged hero like everything else does. I mean, it's only fair after all! Why should the people that play it all the time and look for ways to cheat have to keep on playing with the same remedial heroes as those damn n00bEs?????

Well, my idea was you can increase the number of spawns you get and the power of the creeps you have, just like TGS (The Great Strategy). Anyway, Its a bit different than what you have thought it would be, I'll be online tomorrow btw.

Flare said:
You gonna post details of heroes anytime soon, or are you focusing on other stuff before you start on heroes?

Ok, master, I shall post hero details now, anyone knows if I can anchor stuff here in my thread? I just need it cause' its going to enlarge hella a lot

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
That's a thinker:)

Just some advice though; please use less colors, they might end up ruining someone's eyes.

Nonetheless, gl with your map.

btw I'm a grade A+ thinker :D

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Can you help me please? I need you! Anyway Colors are too powerful? Owee... I just like saying Tinker = Thinker lol...

Quauhtli

Reaction score
What kind of items?
Weapons, armor, accesories, somethign else?
Attribute, life, mana, abilities, etc.
Do you allow imported icons yes/no?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Item Icons

What kind of items?
Weapons, armor, accesories, somethign else?
Attribute, life, mana, abilities, etc.
Do you allow imported icons yes/no?

Any of those except for the Consumables

I don't want too much Importred icons, current icons used are..

Flask_of_Sapphire_Water.jpg

orboflightning.gif

lesserinvulneralbility.gif

orboffire.gif

orboffrost.gif

BTNOrbofSlowness.gif

PointBooster.gif

orbofdarkness.gif

BTNStrongDrink.gif

icons_324_btn.jpg

wand-of-negation.gif

[Note to Self: Bow]

Quauhtli

Reaction score
It looks as if you have hardly no weapons. (There are a hell of a lot at hiveworkshop, but also some (usually a lot nicer) at wc3campaigns)

Iron Sword
Grants the wearer +6 damage.
+6 dmg
300 gold

Steel Sword
Grants the wearer +9 damage.
+9 damage
500 gold

Swift Sword
Grants the wearer +7 damage and +10% attackspeed.
+7 damage +10% IAS
750 gold

Heavy Hammer/Axe/Blade w/e
Grants the wearer +14 damage but a 20% attackspeed loss.
+14 damage +20% DAS (D stands for decreased)
750 gold

These were just some basic ones.
Perhaps some better ones?

Brother of Arati (change name if you like, just some very great hero, I recommend NOT a hero choosable by player but perhaps if you have them a hero in the story)
The famous noble knight Arati had but one love in his life; a long sword which he made when he was just a boy of 13. The craved Manzite (w/e) ores and the Earthgold handle gave the knight great strength.
+21 damage +20% IAS Passive Ability "Sword Mastery" (somewhere between 3 and 14 make your pick in balancing % chance to stun target for 3 sec) Passive Ability "Critical Furry" (5-15% chance to have an attack deal 145% attack damage)
750 gold +Swift Sword +Cherrygold Grinding Stone

Will come up with some more but actually are busy atm:p

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
It looks as if you have hardly no weapons. (There are a hell of a lot at hiveworkshop, but also some (usually a lot nicer) at wc3campaigns)

Iron Sword
Grants the wearer +6 damage.
+6 dmg
300 gold

Steel Sword
Grants the wearer +9 damage.
+9 damage
500 gold

Swift Sword
Grants the wearer +7 damage and +10% attackspeed.
+7 damage +10% IAS
750 gold

Heavy Hammer/Axe/Blade w/e
Grants the wearer +14 damage but a 20% attackspeed loss.
+14 damage +20% DAS (D stands for decreased)
750 gold

These were just some basic ones.
Perhaps some better ones?

Brother of Arati (change name if you like, just some very great hero, I recommend NOT a hero choosable by player but perhaps if you have them a hero in the story)
The famous noble knight Arati had but one love in his life; a long sword which he made when he was just a boy of 13. The craved Manzite (w/e) ores and the Earthgold handle gave the knight great strength.
+21 damage +20% IAS Passive Ability "Sword Mastery" (somewhere between 3 and 14 make your pick in balancing % chance to stun target for 3 sec) Passive Ability "Critical Furry" (5-15% chance to have an attack deal 145% attack damage)
750 gold +Swift Sword +Cherrygold Grinding Stone

Will come up with some more but actually are busy atm:p

Can I use Negative Values for Item Abilities?
If so, just tell me please

What are the icons for it?

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Swords
Brother of Arati
Just pick some

And yes you can (shift:D)
btw for the Brother of Arati make it that you can only have one

Cherrygold Grinding Stone
A grinding stone to power up a weapon. Can be used multiple times.
+1 damage +5% IAS
300 gold
Note: used in more upgraded weaponry then as a normal item (perhaps make it that it can only be used when a weapon (mainly sharp weapon = sword, dagger, glaive)

Anscestor's Weapon Icon
A mysterious weapon used in ancient times.
+18 dmg +10% lifesteal Passive Ability "Critical Furry" Active Ability "Throw" (Throws the weapon to the target unit in a circle and then returns to the caster. While it is throwed the item is not in the heroes' inventory. If hero picks up new item while item is being throwed and inventory is full, item is lost. Get this spell from a [Spell]Boomerang in SpellSubmission)
1000 gold +Heavy Hammer +Orb of Time +Scroll of Lifesteal

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Mmmk, I guess I'm going to change the whole theme of this due to my friends whining about the godlike book called, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Its the best book ever! You all gotta read it!!!

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Heh so apparently now I am chosen to be the Grade A+ Thinker? :D
W/e

btw I don't really get why you changed your whole story to a greek book :p
Might seem interesting though because I don't know any Greek AoS'es, plus the destroy taurus w/e thing seems interesting too. But this has been done before though:rolleyes:
(In several AoS'es there were some strong monsters which required a lot of skill and more then one player to fight against to kill. The monster then would drop some valuable (usually a very good item - which often dropped on death). Example in DotA 2 (can't remember name) there was one (if I recall correctly). In DotA 3 (Allstars which everyone knows) there is Roshan, but he is totally different then the big monsters I am talking about, plus he just drops a lame Reincarnation spell (which is still nice though!) and he respawns afaik.

But you say you need more Tinker ideas now? What kind of? Heroes, items? I am all open atm (although still busy with my panda campaign:D)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Just an idea for the original post, opening so many spoilers is kinda daunting. would be nice if you could put all similar things into one spoiler i.e.

Radiant Ankh:
Combat heroes:
bla bla bla

----------------------------------------------
Caster heroes:
bla bla bla

Crimson Shadow:
same setup as above

Consumable items:
Item 1
bla bla bla

Item 2
bla bla bla

Its only a suggestion ^^

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Heh so apparently now I am chosen to be the Grade A+ Thinker? :D
W/e

btw I don't really get why you changed your whole story to a greek book :p
Might seem interesting though because I don't know any Greek AoS'es, plus the destroy taurus w/e thing seems interesting too. But this has been done before though:rolleyes:
(In several AoS'es there were some strong monsters which required a lot of skill and more then one player to fight against to kill. The monster then would drop some valuable (usually a very good item - which often dropped on death). Example in DotA 2 (can't remember name) there was one (if I recall correctly). In DotA 3 (Allstars which everyone knows) there is Roshan, but he is totally different then the big monsters I am talking about, plus he just drops a lame Reincarnation spell (which is still nice though!) and he respawns afaik.

But you say you need more Tinker ideas now? What kind of? Heroes, items? I am all open atm (although still busy with my panda campaign:D)

I need... Uhh... Items!

P.S. Btw, the Ophiotaurus is a 3500 HP 35 ARMOR EVERY 60 SECONDS MOVES AROUND THE MAP! If you kill it, it gives you its 'entrails' and you have to burn it at the fire, which is quite different, and it will notify you if you killed the Ophiotaurus, so enemies can catch up to kill you.

Just an idea for the original post, opening so many spoilers is kinda daunting. would be nice if you could put all similar things into one spoiler i.e.

Radiant Ankh:
Combat heroes:
bla bla bla

----------------------------------------------
Caster heroes:
bla bla bla

Crimson Shadow:
same setup as above

Consumable items:
Item 1
bla bla bla

Item 2
bla bla bla

Its only a suggestion ^^

Ok, I'll just put it to quotes, I just use spoilers cause' they're not space consuming lolx.

Swords
Brother of Arati
Just pick some

And yes you can (shift:D)
btw for the Brother of Arati make it that you can only have one

Cherrygold Grinding Stone
A grinding stone to power up a weapon. Can be used multiple times.
+1 damage +5% IAS
300 gold
Note: used in more upgraded weaponry then as a normal item (perhaps make it that it can only be used when a weapon (mainly sharp weapon = sword, dagger, glaive)

Anscestor's Weapon Icon
A mysterious weapon used in ancient times.
+18 dmg +10% lifesteal Passive Ability "Critical Furry" Active Ability "Throw" (Throws the weapon to the target unit in a circle and then returns to the caster. While it is throwed the item is not in the heroes' inventory. If hero picks up new item while item is being throwed and inventory is full, item is lost. Get this spell from a [Spell]Boomerang in SpellSubmission)
1000 gold +Heavy Hammer +Orb of Time +Scroll of Lifesteal

What is orb of time?

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Just an orb that does something.
Perhaps something like this:
+250 hp/mana < pick one (not both I think)
+Passive Buff "Slow" (30% chance on attack to slow the target - dummy unit gets spawned which attacks the target and has Slow Poison (with different buff name and icon of course)
+Passive Buff "Freeze" (1-5% chance on attack to make the target freeze in time (stun:rolleyes:) for about say 3-4 seconds)
Some ideas for getting the orb
1 orb + 1 orb
1 orb + hp/mana enhancing item?
1 orb + 600 gold?

Small Trident
A small trident that was made by a blacksmith to prove himself to Poseidon. After it was made he had no use of it anymore.
+7 dmg
+5% DAS
750 (?) gold

Greater Trident
A reinforced weapon. It now possesses a mysteriously unbreakable seeweed plant and some signs of a Hithril (w/e) ore.
+14 dmg
+5% DAS
+3 strenght
+Passive Ability "Mighty Trident" (small chance 3-7% to have a critical attack on target which makes the attacker attack two more times immediately and places a bleed effect on target which makes the target bleed by 3 per sec for 12 sec)
Small Trident + Cherrygold Grinding Stone + Blue Seeweed (something, just use your imagination:p) + 350 gold

Blackened Trident
A massive weapon supposedly once just a lesser item. It was blessed by one of the Sea Gods.
+21 dmg
+15% Lifesteal
+10% DAS
+5 strength
+3 agi and int
+Passive Ability "Mighty Trident"
Greater Trident + Cherrygold Grinding Stone + Blessed Water + 500 gold

Trident of the Gods
A weapon that was used by one of the sea gods in the war of the underworld. The sea god was killed but the weapon still had its power.
+35 dmg
+25% lifesteal
+10% DAS
+15 strength
+10 agility and intelligence
+500 hp
+Passive Ability "Mighty Trident"
+Passive Ability "Critical Furry"
+Active Ability "Wind Walk"
How you gonna fit all that in one item? :p
Blackened Trident + Blessed Water x2 + Orb of Time + Shard of Gods

Blessed Water
Mystical water that was blessed by a god.
+7 to all stats
+5% lifesteal
500 gold

Shard of Gods
A mysterious shard of a crystal that was supposedly fallen from the sky.
+500 hp
+15% lifesteal
+10 dmg
1250 gold

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.