<Legend of Shadow> (The AoS)

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Just an orb that does something.
Perhaps something like this:
+250 hp/mana < pick one (not both I think)
+Passive Buff "Slow" (30% chance on attack to slow the target - dummy unit gets spawned which attacks the target and has Slow Poison (with different buff name and icon of course)
+Passive Buff "Freeze" (1-5% chance on attack to make the target freeze in time (stun:rolleyes:) for about say 3-4 seconds)
Some ideas for getting the orb
1 orb + 1 orb
1 orb + hp/mana enhancing item?
1 orb + 600 gold?

Small Trident
A small trident that was made by a blacksmith to prove himself to Poseidon. After it was made he had no use of it anymore.
+7 dmg
+5% DAS
750 (?) gold

Greater Trident
A reinforced weapon. It now possesses a mysteriously unbreakable seeweed plant and some signs of a Hithril (w/e) ore.
+14 dmg
+5% DAS
+3 strenght
+Passive Ability "Mighty Trident" (small chance 3-7% to have a critical attack on target which makes the attacker attack two more times immediately and places a bleed effect on target which makes the target bleed by 3 per sec for 12 sec)
Small Trident + Cherrygold Grinding Stone + Blue Seeweed (something, just use your imagination:p) + 350 gold

Blackened Trident
A massive weapon supposedly once just a lesser item. It was blessed by one of the Sea Gods.
+21 dmg
+15% Lifesteal
+10% DAS
+5 strength
+3 agi and int
+Passive Ability "Mighty Trident"
Greater Trident + Cherrygold Grinding Stone + Blessed Water + 500 gold

Trident of the Gods
A weapon that was used by one of the sea gods in the war of the underworld. The sea god was killed but the weapon still had its power.
+35 dmg
+25% lifesteal
+10% DAS
+15 strength
+10 agility and intelligence
+500 hp
+Passive Ability "Mighty Trident"
+Passive Ability "Critical Furry"
+Active Ability "Wind Walk"
How you gonna fit all that in one item? :p
Blackened Trident + Blessed Water x2 + Orb of Time + Shard of Gods

Blessed Water
Mystical water that was blessed by a god.
+7 to all stats
+5% lifesteal
500 gold

Shard of Gods
A mysterious shard of a crystal that was supposedly fallen from the sky.
+500 hp
+15% lifesteal
+10 dmg
1250 gold

How do I make the thing attack twice like 'Geminate' in DotA?

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Hmm something like (freehand)

Code:
E- A unit attacks / A unit is attacked
C
A- Random integer number between 1 and 100
If all conditions are true then do actions else do actions
If conditions -
Attacking unit has ability "Might Trident" equal to true
Integer number less then or equal to 5
Unit - Make Attacking unit damage Attacked unit for Damage of Attacking Unit of damage type Normal
Wait 0.00 < yes this must be done
Unit - Make Attackign unit damage Attacked unit for Damage of Attacking Unit of damage type Normal

Something like that? Not sure if there's a damage of attacking unit though ...

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Searching around ftw
I have no idea at all who posted this just found it in the Search Forums. Search ftw said:
The fancier alternative is a method DotA uses (Geminate Attack). You don't need triggers at all for this, just O/E. Make a new ability based off Orb of Lightning (New) and set the percentage to 5%. Make another ability based off Searing Arrows; set the damage to 0, cooldown to 0, projectile and speed to your heroes'. Then set the ability cast in Orb of Lightning ability to that Searing Arrows ability.

Whichever unit has that ability would now get a 5% chance to attack twice. Note that you must target the ability for the 5% chance to fire, auto-acquiring just doesn't cut it.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
It's something to do with Orb of Lightning and Searing Arrows (last time I missed with Orb of Lightning, my WC3 crashed :p so I'm not sure of it)

Orb of Lightning + Searing Arrows? I Don't see the connection :confused:

I can't think of a way they created 'Geminate' :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Frozen Shadow read post #44

I mean, how do I add the searing arrows ability to another ability? Or is Orb of Lightning (New) an Item-Type of Ability? Please help! I'm sorry for being quite noob at this, btw, how will melee heroes attack twice?

Flare Spell Request

Backstep

Thalia steps back at incredible speeds allowing her to dodge incoming attacks.

Level 1 - Thalia backsteps 200 units behind.
Level 2 - Thalia backsteps 250 units behind.
Level 3 - Thalia backsteps 300 units behind.
Level 4 - Thalia backsteps 350 units behind.

Mana Cost: 55

Cooldown: 3 Seconds

Framwork: Whenever Thalia backsteps, a mirror image animation, and a lightning effect appears where she used to stand before using backstep.

Tell me if its possible! ^^ ;)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
try giving the hero Missile attack type (if its set to something else). Orb of Lightning is an item ability that gives a chance to trigger another ability (by default, its purge) on attack. Just make Orb of Lightning into a hero ability, make an ability based on searing arrows with 0 bonus damage and edit art etc to make it look like nothing is being fired. but i dnt kno if animation will play twice :S.

i think Orb of Slow works in the same way

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Orb of Slow has some side effects. I do not recall which ones.

If you use Orb of Lightning (new) the Item Ability it will make a double attack. For a tripple attack it can be some bit harder though...
Here is an uploaded map. It has the ability, note that I haven't tested it.

Attachments

• DoubleAttackTest.w3x
    25.1 KB · Views: 235

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
try giving the hero Missile attack type (if its set to something else). Orb of Lightning is an item ability that gives a chance to trigger another ability (by default, its purge) on attack. Just make Orb of Lightning into a hero ability, make an ability based on searing arrows with 0 bonus damage and edit art etc to make it look like nothing is being fired. but i dnt kno if animation will play twice :S.

i think Orb of Slow works in the same way

Oh I see now ^^ Thanks a lot both of you! +Rep! ;)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Flare Spell Request

Quote:
Backstep

Thalia steps back at incredible speeds allowing her to dodge incoming attacks.

Level 1 - Thalia backsteps 200 units behind.
Level 2 - Thalia backsteps 250 units behind.
Level 3 - Thalia backsteps 300 units behind.
Level 4 - Thalia backsteps 350 units behind.

Mana Cost: 55

Cooldown: 3 Seconds

Framwork: Whenever Thalia backsteps, a mirror image animation, and a lightning effect appears where she used to stand before using backstep.

Tell me if its possible! ^^

1) its possible, and relatively easy at that
2) by lightning effect, do you mean like lightning beam from chain lightning or finger of death, or do you mean like the burst effect when chain lightning hits a unit (its just a blast of lightning originating on the target, hard to describe it though)
3) ahm, do you want an image created when the hero casts it, or just the green shimmering thing that appears when blademaster casts the ability?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
1) its possible, and relatively easy at that
2) by lightning effect, do you mean like lightning beam from chain lightning or finger of death, or do you mean like the burst effect when chain lightning hits a unit (its just a blast of lightning originating on the target, hard to describe it though)
3) ahm, do you want an image created when the hero casts it, or just the green shimmering thing that appears when blademaster casts the ability?

1 >> I never knew that
2 >> Yes, the burst effect mi'lord
3 >> Yes, the shimmering thing that appears

Thalia's Model is a Maiev (Warden)

Quauhtli

Reaction score
Well the relatively easy way will make her move through trees, walls, lakes, and you name it. The moderately easy way (difficulity 4/10) can stop that.
To sum up yes that spell can be easily done.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Mmmk?

Well the relatively easy way will make her move through trees, walls, lakes, and you name it. The moderately easy way (difficulity 4/10) can stop that.
To sum up yes that spell can be easily done.

What do you mean Moderately Easy Way? And Well, I don't want her to go through trees/lakes/walls. Its just imossible. How can it be done easily?

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
It's something to do with Orb of Lightning and Searing Arrows (last time I missed with Orb of Lightning, my WC3 crashed :p so I'm not sure of it)

This one. It'll crash if you have ability (A) --> searing arrows
and Ability (B) --> Orb of lightning.

IF you put A in B, it'll work correctly.
But if you confirm B in B's skill, it'll get an unlimited loop so the game stops completely.

How to stop the skill : check it in a fewer time, example : move the unit instantly by 250 range per 1second will make her pass on trees/units.
But if you move it by 5 range per 0.05 seconds, it will stop by unpassable area.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
This one. It'll crash if you have ability (A) --> searing arrows
and Ability (B) --> Orb of lightning.

IF you put A in B, it'll work correctly.
But if you confirm B in B's skill, it'll get an unlimited loop so the game stops completely.

How to stop the skill : check it in a fewer time, example : move the unit instantly by 250 range per 1second will make her pass on trees/units.
But if you move it by 5 range per 0.05 seconds, it will stop by unpassable area.

Oooo, I see. Well I didn't want her to pass through trees/doodads/walls/units etc...

Quauhtli

Reaction score
First of all, R@i_no_Wyrm the question with the Double attack (although not Tripple Attack :() has already been answered. . .

Second of all, FrozenShadow he is not talking about your backjump spell, do not worry.

Third of all, cows say moo.

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
First of all, R@i_no_Wyrm the question with the Double attack (although not Tripple Attack :() has already been answered. . .

Second of all, FrozenShadow he is not talking about your backjump spell, do not worry.

Third of all, cows say moo.

First of all, yes it has been answered

Second of all, he was talking about this (Backstep)

There you go, unless I'm missing something, he said 'her' and 250 range.

Third of all, Mooo, I see

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.