Load/unload problems

The Arcot

Reaction score
Is it possible to trigger it so that a unit can board another unit that doesn't belong to it?

Im trying to make a caravan that drives by (very slowly) and it belongs to neutral passive. The idea is that you hide in it until it reaches a certain point, then it unloads everyone inside it and dissapears.

I was just messing around, as I don't know how it would work, but I started with this trigger:

Board Caravan 1
Events
Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Caravan 0059 <gen>
Conditions
((Owner of (Entering unit)) controller) Equal to User
Actions
Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Force Board Caravan 0059 <gen>
Camera - Lock camera target for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to Caravan 0059 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation

The Arcot

Reaction score
Still not working :(

Now that I think of it, It not even so much they need to be loaded in, they just need to disappear/become invisible/untargetable.

EDIT: Is there a way to make a unit untargetable with triggers? I tried to give it locust, but it doesn't show up on the 'Add Ability' list.

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
well you could do that, but the only problem to this ability is how does the owner of the unit get their unit out of the vehicle?

your idea sounds like it should work, but make sure that the owner can not select it.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You can hide/unhide...

Set the units your are transporting to a unit group, then hide, move to the unload location, and unhide.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.