Locust, how do you change it?

Anderzzon

Reaction score
I've been thinking.. how the EFF do you do it? I've done several tries and none have worked.

What I want to do is create a spell for a Beastmaster with them Thunderhawks. Though I want it to permanently fly around him and attack any enemy in the area with his lightning atk. So you don't have to ctrl them, I imagine you get the idea.

I thought I just had to change the Locust to 0 durotation and just summon one unit and it would follow him around and circle in the air, but no, no the game said and just made the bird float in the air.

So then I changed it back to summoning locusts and then I changed the locusts model and atk and everything.

Yet again the game shouted no in my face with a smug grin and made them... well I can't remember what happend that time since this was a few mounths back.

Any help will be of great.. help..(?)

/Anderzzon

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I think the problem is with the unit created itself. Locusts fly around and attack randomly, other units don't. I have tried this myself and got the same results. You could try changing the model of the unit locust, but I don't remember if it is in the object editor or not.

Anderzzon

Reaction score
So then I changed it back to summoning locusts and then I changed the locusts model and atk and everything.

Genkora, I did that, and It didn't work... sadly.

I mean, I know it can be done. I've seen it in several hero maps so...

/Anderzzon

Anderzzon

Reaction score
Maybe I should simply give it another try. Though if anyone still has any input at all about this, please share it.

/Anderzzon

Anderzzon

Reaction score
I redid an atempt at this and I got it to work..! Dunno why it wouldn't work before. Though I still haven't done the levels of the spell... though that shouldn't be too hard.

/Anderzzon

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.