Magic Orbs...

spidersarus

Reaction score
the hero blood elf Kael has 3 orbs that float around him. i have tried to appy it to other models, and even simply changed kaels model to someone else. but they only show on kael himself. do you think you could help me? i was wanting those orbs on Medivh's skin. please let me know, and thank you so much

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Look at the Sphere's attachment points. Those attachment points are unique to that model (Or the Vengence from Maiev's Ultimate too, I think, may just be those other orbs though)

spidersarus

Reaction score
HeX.16: Its called "sphere" its a human unit ability

i know about the "sphere" ability, just can't get it to work on any other units. didn't know if maybe someone could make a trigger that would have the same effect. only progress i've hade with "sphere" is that if i change the Art - Target Attachments from 3 to like 6 it will show the orbs sitting at other units feet with the Sphere ability attached

Reaction score
You cannot get the swirling effect like the one on the bloodmage because the "sprite" attachment point is only available on the bloodmage model as TheCrystal has already stated.

The only way to get a similar effect would be edit the other models to also have this "sprite" attachment point. All the "sphere" ability does is allow the special effects to be attached to this "sprite" point, and since all the other models do not have this attachment, the effects automatically attach to the "origin" attachment point of the unit.

IronTrout

Reaction score
Doing it through triggers would be easy, But heavy on the game. Making dummy units every 0.04 seconds kills the system :)

Reaction score
You probably could do it through triggers, but I don't think the end result would be worth the effort.

Another solution would be to ask some to edit the model to have the sprite animation and attachment points. I'm not a modeler, so I don't know how easy/hard it would be, BUT I think it would be FAR easier than triggering the effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.