mana shield in tower defense units

ellspeedy

Reaction score
hey =)
i have a td map and i have an issue with a creep having mana shield.
in short, the map has two teams of 3, who can each send creeps to the other team. when the creeps are sent the change ownership to player 11 (for team 1) and player 12 (for team 2).
one of the creeps i want to have a mana shield active so that the players have to destroy the units mana pool first and then kill its hp.
i have got close to it working, on the unit i have added the mana shield (hero ability) to the abilities -default active ability and added it to the mana shield (neutral hostile) to the abilities - normal
when the unit is sent the mana shield is active, but as soon as one tower attacks it the mana shield goes, even if the tower damage is 1-1 and the units mana is 1000.
anyone have a solution???
thx ellspeedy

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
Set the hero active mana shield to the units abilities, and when spawned, issue it to activate it.

ellspeedy

Reaction score
ermmm sorry im a bit of a noob so im not exactly sure what u meant by that? could u explain a little for me plz?

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
1. Use the mana shield that has to be activated to work, set damage absorbed to 100% and mana cost per damage to 1, not sure if thosr are the exact texts but youll find them.
2. Add the custom mana shield to the unit's Abilities - normal.
3. Create a trigger, that when unit enters playable map area, if unit is of type of your unit
Trigger:
  • Issue (Triggering unit) to (whatever) - Activate mana shield.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.