Maps to veto?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Which maps are supposed to be vetoed for what race? (1v1)

personally im looking for the 3 zerg vetoes (delta quadrant is the only 1 i could find), but the other 2 races would be nice as well in case i decide to play them.

YES i tried googling it, and the only things i found was Delta quadrant and a lot of arguing between jungle basin and steppes (both of which i cant even find in the map preferences and am guessing they got removed).

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Zergs don't like a ton of chokes or really close bases. They like open, spread out maps so they can abuse their movement speed and so they can use greater numbers to their advantage (by basically surrounding the other army, which is nullified by chokes). Keep that in mind when finding your favorite zerg maps.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Veto whichever maps you dislike yourself. There aren't any 'set' maps for each race that need to be vetoed.
If you play a game, and think that it played out badly because of the map, veto that map. You won't know until you try!

You'll probably end up disliking certain maps for reasons Whitesock mentioned. :p

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Since I am playing zerg now, I vetoed some maps where you can't protect your natural and ramp to main with the same spines : )

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Well i was vetoing maps that i just dont like in general, ive just heard some maps are terrible for zerg (like delta quad and i agree that free expo for ter/tos is gay). @boodcount which maps are those btw? (scrap station is one if im not mistaken but i vetoed it cuz i hate the layout of it anyway)

whats the basic guidelines for tos/ter maps that one'd want to veto? (guessing delt quad is not one cuz of that free expo)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Well i was vetoing maps that i just dont like in general, ive just heard some maps are terrible for zerg (like delta quad and i agree that free expo for ter/tos is gay). @boodcount which maps are those btw? (scrap station is one if im not mistaken but i vetoed it cuz i hate the layout of it anyway)

whats the basic guidelines for tos/ter maps that one'd want to veto? (guessing delt quad is not one cuz of that free expo)

The reason Delta sucks is not really the 'free expo', it's because the natural is almost impossible to defend for Zerg.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
The reason Delta sucks is not really the 'free expo', it's because the natural is almost impossible to defend for Zerg.

Maybe lol, when i played it though (the terran) he didnt harass my expo or anything, he just spammed mech off his two bases and steamrolled through everything not even giving me a chance to notice the lack of expo protection :/

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Typhon, slag and scrap.

Scrap because of stupidly long push distances.
Typhon because I don't like it.
Slag because of shitty map design and bad experiences.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.