My RPG

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Woah, I've given so many spell ideas here, I think this map can be spectacular, man.Sure Grimtooth feels that way...

G

grimtooth

Grimmy? Lol.

Yeah, Nik, I feel the same way. I'm lazy now. Plus my sis needs the pc. I'll change the values later. I might make some of the skills, try and see if they're workable if I have the time to. And storm for more ideas.

Catch you guys later.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
grimtooth said:
Grimmy? Lol.

Yeah, Nik, I feel the same way. I'm lazy now. Plus my sis needs the pc. I'll change the values later. I might make some of the skills, try and see if they're workable if I have the time to. And storm for more ideas.

Catch you guys later.
Seems you did a better job than me, and now you're exhausted...I might go, too log out in 30 min, lunch time, then log in back after 3 hours ;)
To Saiza: I hope all our ideas helped you so far, do we deserve credits?

G

grimtooth

NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Seems you did a better job than me, and now you're exhausted...I might go, too log out in 30 min, lunch time, then log in back after 3 hours ;)
To Saiza: I hope all our ideas helped you so far, do we deserve credits?

Nah, we both gave good ideas which are equally original. Either way, I've got two of the spells to work. I'll jot it down loosely as the triggers are on my laptop & I'm really sleepy.

Frost Hex

Base Spell - Frost Nova

Set AoE = 0
Frost Damage = 0

Nova Damage = Amount you wish to damage the enemy.
Buff = Frost Hex

Secondary Spell - Fan of Knives
Set graphics
Set damage
Limit number of enemies

Now the tricky part,
You need 2 Variables - FrostHexUnit, FrostHexTimer
You need 1 Dummy Caster for Fan of Knives

Trigger: Three Parts

Trigger 1: Recognition
- Events:
A unit begins casting an ability.
- Conditions:
Ability being cast = Frost Hex
- Actions:
Group Unit of ability being targetted into group 'FrostHexUnit'.
Start timer 'FrostHexTimer' as one-shot timer for <hex time you want> seconds.
*end*

Trigger 2: Death (Ok, I'm getting REALLY sleepy)
- Events:
A unit dies.
- Conditions:
Dying unit is in group 'FrostHexUnit'
- Actions:
Create 1 Dummy Caster at the point of dying unit.
Special effects - Frost Nova at point of dying unit.
Make Dummy Caster cast Fan of Knives.
Wait for 2.00 seconds.
Destroy Last Created Special Effects.
Remove Last Created Unit.
*end*

Trigger 3: Defrost
- Events:
Timer 'FrostHexTimer' expires.
- Conditions:
- Actions:
Clear group 'FrostHexUnit'.
*end*

It's based on a timer, which means, it is really difficult if two or more people use the skill at the same time. The purpose I posted this is for someone to think of a solution. I've tried referring it to a buff like;

Trigger: Check
Event - Every 0.5s
Condition
Action - Pick all units in 'FrostHexUnit' matching condition (Boolean) Unit has Buff 'Frost Hex' = False and Remove unit from group 'FrostHexUnit' else do nothing.

But it won't work. It just removes it, buff or no buff. Same applies for Thunder Hex. Alright. Logging off. Zzz...

Knights

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay when should I get started? It should take me about 2-3 days to make a code from scratch, since school is on and all. I would prefer to make it ON the map, as it would be clearer to me which heros/abils and things there are.

Saiza

Reaction score

To Knights: Well, I guess that will be in the end of the map since we dont got heros and proffesions yet, once we got it, you could start so you can rest ;) But
be ready when I need ya :p

G

grimtooth

Human Magician Abilities

Shall we let them choose Elements? If not, just mix up the spells for some real nice combo. I'll let you decide on the mana cost.

COMMON

Magic Arrows
Sends forth 3 magical arrows, striking 3 nearby enemies for 100 damage each.

Magical Hearth
The magician condenses his mana power to create an immobile crystal that lasts for 30 seconds. This crystal regenerates mana to allied units in 800 range by 1% Max MP per second.

Mana Burst
The magician combusts all his mana to damage ALL surrounding units for <Current Mana Points>*0.5 within 450 Range.

Fe'rodar's Blessings
Blessed by the God of Magic, this unit gains 100% MP regeneration & reduces damage from magic by 25%.

FIRE - Damage Orientated

Heat
Creates an immobile fire that heals all allied units in 350AoE for 2 HP/second which lasts for 15 seconds.

Flare
Creates a mobile fire that has 1500 Vision, Night Vision & True Sight. Lasts for 30 seconds. Fire will disappear if it is further than 600 Range of casting magician.

Burn
Burns an enemy unit for 20 damage per second over 5 seconds.

Fireball
Standard spell for any magician. Damages an enemy for 250 damage.

Flaming Fan
Damages enemies in a cone for 250 damage each.

Imbue Fire
Imbues the weapon of allied unit with fire, increasing his/her damage by 25%.

Flame Wave
Casts a wave of raging flame on the enemy unit, dealing 500 damage. The flame jumps to the nearby enemy unit, dealing 10% less damage every jump. Jumps 4 times. Flame can jump back to the same unit.

Wheel of Flame
Engulfs a unit in flames, disabling its ability to use abilities (except passive), but increasing armor by 2. The unit also burns nearby enemy units for 5 damage per second. Lasts 15 seconds.

Overheat
Burns an enemy unit for 10 damage per second over 30 seconds. Cooldown of 5 seconds.

Flaming Glacier (Passive)
The magician's magical powers ripples out towards nearby burning enemies (by Overheat), causing them to receive an extra 20 damage per second and slows their movement speed by 25%. It also increases attack damage of the magician by 15%.

Firehawk
Summons a firehawk, similar to Phoenix. But upon death, the firehawk releases its flames to all nearby enemies within 800 Range, dealing 350 damage each.

Abyss of Flames (Channelling)
Deals 400 damage per second to all enemy units in a 400 AoE area for 5 seconds. Units burned by Overheat receives an extra 200 damage per second.

---

So far I've thought of fire. I'm gonna work on Dreamquest. Then go to DMX Wars. Then brainstorm more on yours. Haha. I like holidays.

Saiza

Reaction score
I see you got some really nice skills there (; Gj man!

Edit: Haha. I like holidays. Who dosent ? :p

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Warrior suggestions

39.Weapon Mastery: (name depends of weapon-sword, sword mastery)
The warrior is more reliable on his weapon, increasing his primary stat.
Model ability:Attribute bonus
40.Inner Power:
When it's unleashed, the warrior gains more % damage the more units in the AOE of this ability
Model file ability: Roar
41.Scars of war: (passive)
Each time the Warrior kills a unit, he will empower himself in making scars on his body.For every unit killed, it provides a small amount of stat increase, armor and HP,MP regen of the hero.
Model ability: Vecture
42.Battlelust (ulti):
The warrior and his weapon become 1, making the world knee before their power.For every scar on the Warrior, the more attack speed and movement speed increase.And if the warrior casts Inner power while under the buff of Battlust, he wil gain bouble % damage the more units around.

Grimtooth, thanks for your offer to help me, I like holidays as you guys do :)

G

grimtooth

Omg. I can finally post! Connection here sucks. Anyways, I'm bumping post #66. I think the Unit Has Specific Buff condition is flawed.

Saiza

Reaction score

Ahhh, fawk. Got kinda crazy lag so I tripple postet, well it wasent the meaning sorry

Saiza

Reaction score

Well, those spells was kinda cool :p But like Weapon Mastery, I was thinking that
the warrior is a really Aggresive type, but dosent care much on defending... he's only wish is to kill. Soo skills like Charge, Berserker skills is what I thought about him. Well, anyways those spells was creative, but not what I had in mind for a warrior.

Edit: Saiza, as soon as I finish suggesting spells, I will start explaining them, Greate... becouse im not sure about them all =)

Saiza

Reaction score

Well, those spells was kinda cool :p But like Weapon Mastery, I was thinking that
the warrior is a really Aggresive type, but dosent care much on defending... he's only wish is to kill. Soo skills like Charge, Berserker skills is what I thought about him. Well, anyways those spells was creative, but not what I had in mind for a warrior.

Edit: Saiza, as soon as I finish suggesting spells, I will start explaining them, Great... becouse im not sure about them all =)

G

grimtooth

Holidays ending soon. Sigh. Either way, what I'm thinking of is to have common & separate abilities for the Horde & Human Warrior class.

My reasoning is that, both has different approach to fighting. The Horde is bloodthirsty, so their units only focus on mindless manslaughter. Humans on the other hand wish to defend their land, and lives, hence their purpose is to slay as many, but if they can't, to drive back the enemy. Both require very different tactics.

Saiza

Reaction score

Yeah man! Thats exactly the kind of what I want, you understood it right ;)
Thats why I named them different :p

Edit: DoH! No holiday =(

G

grimtooth

So, you want to start triggering & making the abilities yet?

stavious

Reaction score
He I've noticed that this thread has become pretty popular (even with that 'original' title :p ). I can't bother reading all of it (soory :eek: ), so could you just please update me at where this map is right now, where it is going, and where do you think you're going to need help, so that I can know and help you maybe :D . Thanx.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.