My RPG

Saiza

Reaction score

Yeah. I try to pick out 5 proffs as I like mostly.

Edit: Making an RPG is music... all words been used... all stuffs been used.

Saiza

Reaction score
Items will be added ofc if thats what you mean. Not to triggered tho, but we can make abilitys for the items (Like for a shield: using that aura keeper of the grown have, but only on himself so something like: Skeletal Shield

Armor: 10
Reflects 10% of the damage taken.
(Buff for it something like: Wrath of the Skeletal shield: This unit is under effect of the migthy Skeletal Shield, it will reflect 10% of the damage taken)
Thats more what I gotta do so it wont be to big (But I dont know if it gets big by that... :p so maybe not even that kind of items)

And ofc some triggered items... a item I really wanna add is something like:
Demonic Blade
Damage bonus: 50
Attack Speed increased by 20%
Chance on hit: Morphs you into to the ancient owner of this blade.
(Morphing duration 30 secs or something (Low chance to get the morph))

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Saiza said:
And ofc some triggered items... a item I really wanna add is something like:
Demonic Blade
Damage bonus: 50
Attack Speed increased by 20%
Chance on hit: Morphs you into to the ancient owned of the blade.
(Morphing duration 30 secs or something (Low chance to get the morph))
Well, let's say your chance to evolve is 5%:
HTML:
Events:
Unit attacks
Conditions:
Attacking unit equal to owner of Demonic blade
Actions:
Set random integer from 1 too 100 and do actions
Loop actions:
If/then/else
If:
integer equal to or less than 5
Then:
Rplace attacking unit with DEMON <gen>
Else:
Do nothing
;)

stavious

Reaction score
If you are going to limit the proffesions to 5 I could give you some suggestions:

Alchemy - very good, allows to create items (maybe you can even use imported models for the potions) and can have many variations. If you do decide not to have it though you could have this place called an Alchemist Lab were people can come and 'mix' their items to make potions and buy some for the Alchemist, so it's sort of in the game, but not as a proffesion, and triggering is a lot simpler.
Tailoring / Jewelcrafting - I don't see the point in having both of them in the game (as they are way too similar so it's not too fun to do both), or actually why have them at all. In WoW you can actually see the cloth/items on the hero after they are made, but obviously it is not possible in this map so it'll just be two 'item making' proffesions. So either choose only one of them, or neither (personally I see less point in having Tailoring when you can't even 'wear' the cloths when they are done :eek: ).
Cooking - again, an item making skill, since there is no 'real eating system' in this game (also it could be a nice addition). If you do want to have an eating system then (and only then) should you add the cooking proffesion. Otherwise it is too similar to Alchemy (items that heal health/mana) so remove it :eek: .
Herbs / Fishing - collecting proffesions a MUST. Herb collecting can be fun and if you have Alchemy then you obviouly need it (maybe even for tailoring too :rolleyes: ). Fishing is OK. It's a bit difficult trigger-wise, and isn't so intersting having. So it might be one that you would want to cut (unless you decide to have the eating system, which would add a lot to the game :D ).
Blacksmithing - Good! It's an item-creating proffesion, true, but it is weapon making, which unlike the others is more useful for players, has much more variations in it, and players enjoy it more :p . I highly advise you DO have this proffesion ;) .
Runes / Lore Keeping - I highly advise you DO HAVE THIS PROFFESION as it is yours (mainly) and is original to this map. Having something original and creative in your map is always good and fun for players. Also the description of the proffesion sounds great. Combine the two and have a totally new, in-dpeth proffesion that players will undoubtly enjoy :D .

So the conclusion:
Alchemy: GOOD is fun, but has a way around it ;) .
Tailoring: NOT ADVISED too plain and can't be done well on WC3.
Jewelcrafting: FINE but nothing extrodinary.
Cooking: NO (unless of the eating system).
Herbs: OK goes well with the Alchemy ability.
Fishing: NO (unless of the eating system).
Blacksmithing: YES fun, variation, loveable :p .
Runes / Lore Keeping: MUST have, original and interesting.

So these are my suggestions. I hope you take them into consideration when making your map :) .

G

grimtooth

Lol. Yeah it'll be a bit too large... Hmm... Feel free to make modifications. They're just suggestions after all. Will JASS help lessen the size?

Saiza

Reaction score

NiKaNoRoU_GR, Thanks for the trigger ;) You know the trigger to morph back to?

Stavious, thanks for the feed back, yeah. I totaly agree with you, but with the take away taloring and get blacksmithing... I was thinking that blacksmithing aint making staves N shit, and since there will be mage and other, maybe it will look badly if you can make cloth in blacksmithing (Or to turn the subject) if a mage wear the same armor as a strong warrior, so maybe taloring should be added to.

Aclhemy: It's a really nice proff, making potions and other things, thats just great ;)

Runes: is a very intresting thing I think aswell, yeah... thats a must ^^

And about the eating system... when I whrote those stuffs I diddent think much about space and just wanted a big selection.

Well, thats was all I had to say I think... thanks for taking time :).

No idea about the JASS...

stavious

Reaction score
Yeah true, the blacksmith is less of a 'mage' proffesion, but then again your not going to find a warrior wondering what is the last ingredient he needs for his enlargment spell potion :rolleyes: ... Each class has its pros and cons and the proffesions suit to it :D . But eventually it is all you to you ;) .

Saiza

Reaction score

stavious said:
Yeah true, the blacksmith is less of a 'mage' proffesion, but then again your not going to find a warrior wondering what is the last ingredient he needs for his enlargment spell potion :rolleyes: ... Each class has its pros and cons and the proffesions suit to it :D . But eventually it is all you to you ;) .

Yeah... I donno now, I'll see later. btw, how's the storry going? :D

G

grimtooth

Modified Nik's:

Well, let's say your chance to evolve is 5%:

HTML:
Events:
Unit attacks
Conditions:
Attacking unit equal to owner of Demonic blade
Actions:
Set random integer from 1 too 100 and do actions
Loop actions:
If/then/else
If:
integer equal to or less than 5
Then:
Set MorphedHero[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] = (Attacking Unit)
Replace attacking unit with DEMON <gen>
Unit - Add a 30.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last replaced unit)

Else:
Do nothing

Code:
DemonTry
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Demon
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 MorphedHero[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Something like that. You can use cache, better, but I'm not sure how cache works. Or you could do the same, but store the items in a few variables.

G

grimtooth

Uh... I need to clarify something. It's not tested. It lacks some commands. It's just a general idea. It may not even work... So, yeah...

Sorry.

Saiza

Reaction score
Hehe... it's totaly cool, I diddent expect to get a perfect trigger that fast, but a
base is good. Wont get that item done in a long time anyway

G

grimtooth

I'll try making the villagers and peons. I got tired of my project. The triggering is repetitive and hectic.

Saiza

Reaction score
Sounds perfect !

Well, if anyone got any idea of how the proffesions should work, triggers for compening things etc, post them :)

stavious

Reaction score
I think proffesions should be taught to you by teachers (same as in WoW) cause it just makes the most sense :eek: . Players would need to be in a certain level though before they can be allowed to learn certain proffesions. A nice idea would be to give each player a 'starting proffesion'; where at the start of the game a dialog box shows up and it asks you what proffesion you would like to start off with, and then you'd have to one right away (with no teaching required). Does that sound good to you? :D
(Lore will be posted some time today).

G

grimtooth

I'm thinking of this - allowing them to choose a profession at the beginning of the game. They are only allowed one profession, and to learn new skills of the profession, you will have to learn it from teachers (which can be NPCs or other players) or by buying books.

stavious

Reaction score
That would work... one proffesion per person, maybe some people would want more than that :p . Anyway that definatly eliminates the Herbing and Fishing proffesions (or any other gathering ideas) because no one would just want to go around and collect stuff and then later have nothing to do with them, except maybe give them to other players :eek: .

G

grimtooth

I think we should keep them. What I was thinking is to generate teamwork, as in, just by a single player, he/she cannot come up with one ultimate item. He/She needs to work with many other people. This promotes teamwork & in game experience.

As in, collecting stuff will have no use, but blacksmiths are also useless without raw materials which are collected.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.