My RPG

radienx000

Reaction score
I got an idea for the first rank:
Scout :
Rank Abilities:
-Scout's suggestion (Ultrvision or Far sight)

And you can learn spells from items, and the spells the hero learns are 'rank abilities'.

Saiza

Reaction score
Ahh, I hate this lag :p Sorry for the tripple post... but for some strange reason three posts came up well sorry agin ^^

Saiza

Reaction score
Stavious, that sounds really cool :D Yeah, some battles should be some times in the game would be cool :p And if we need anything more suggested... hm... you got any suggestions about the map in the big whole? Then add them :p

grimtooth, sure... :) I need all suggestions ;)

radienx000, yeah... that would be kinda cool :p Maybe some of that item, but it will make the game a bit more unbalanced I think ^^

Aswell! Others that see this thread, come with youre suggestions!! :)))

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
14 Grand Marshal/High Warlord Epic-quality weapon and shield
13 Field Marshal/Warlord Epic-quality helm, shoulder armor, and chest armor
12 Marshal/General Epic-quality gloves, leggings, and boots
11 Commander Lieutenant/General Commander's epic mount
10 Lieutenant/Commander Champion Superior-quality helm and shoulder armor
9 Knight-Champion/Centurion Battle standard
8 Knight-Captain/Legionnaire Superior-quality chest armor and leggings
7 Knight-Lieutenant/Blood Guard Superior-quality boots and gloves
6 Knight/Stone Guard Access to officer's barracks, officer's tabard, and
5 Sergeant Major/First Sergeant Superior-quality bracers
4 Master Sergeant/Senior Sergeant Superior-quality necklace
3 Sergeant/Sergeant Superior-quality cloak, 10% discount on all goods and repairs from your faction's NPCs
2 Corporal/Grunt Team insignia trinket
1 Private/Scout Tabard
:D Ranks and items ;D

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Just so you guys know, I won't be able to work on this for a bit, because I just moved to Denver, and I need to wait for my dad to ship my computer to here. However, I do have the map in my e-mail, so I can get it to you guys if you need it to work on in the next few days.

G

grimtooth

dragonhord said:
14 Grand Marshal/High Warlord Epic-quality weapon and shield
13 Field Marshal/Warlord Epic-quality helm, shoulder armor, and chest armor
12 Marshal/General Epic-quality gloves, leggings, and boots
11 Commander Lieutenant/General Commander's epic mount
10 Lieutenant/Commander Champion Superior-quality helm and shoulder armor
9 Knight-Champion/Centurion Battle standard
8 Knight-Captain/Legionnaire Superior-quality chest armor and leggings
7 Knight-Lieutenant/Blood Guard Superior-quality boots and gloves
6 Knight/Stone Guard Access to officer's barracks, officer's tabard, and
5 Sergeant Major/First Sergeant Superior-quality bracers
4 Master Sergeant/Senior Sergeant Superior-quality necklace
3 Sergeant/Sergeant Superior-quality cloak, 10% discount on all goods and repairs from your faction's NPCs
2 Corporal/Grunt Team insignia trinket
1 Private/Scout Tabard
:D Ranks and items ;D

that's the same as WoW...

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Try not to take stuff from other games, and ur map is turning more and more WoWish. Try and avoid that, why don't you let your soldier start of by himself, and as soon as he gets like, general, he gets a few troops that he can control. And before he does so, the map will be AoS like, were troops move by themselves. But as soon as the ppl start commanding their own bunch of men, the spawning of troops lessens

G

grimtooth

I posted some sort of a rank advancement & rewards earlier... Check it out and tweak it.

Saiza

Reaction score
AgentPaper, post the map to my email... [email protected] I just wanna see how it looks :p
And about the rank suggestion rewards... thats EXACTLY the same as in WoW man xD... What use to we have for tabard :p Abyway thanks for showing intrest ^^ And about making this to an AoS, naaa just some place that there some few times in the game gets war on, and yeah... maybe add so you can have a own little troop, and about that it turns more and more wowish... well, it's like if you make a pizza... it always get a bit like the ones in the shop... WoW got everything nice :p

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Peasant

-Militia
--Footman
---Swordsman
----Squire
-----Knight**
----Captain**
-----General**
---Javelineer
----Hunter
-----Ranger
----Archer
-----Longbowman

-Student
--Scholar
---Apprentice Mage
----Mage
-----Wizard
----Cultist*
-----Warlock* **
---Acolyte
----Priest
-----Bishop**
----Templar
-----Paladin

-Pickpocket
--Cutpurse
---Thug
----Hired Killer
-----Hitman
----Gang Leader**
-----Mob Boss**
---Burglar
----Spy
-----Mastermind**
----Theif
-----Assassin

Peon

-Brawler
--Fighter
---Grunt
----Berserker
-----Swordmaster
----Chieftan**
-----Warchief**
---Raider
----Kodo Rider
-----Beastmaster**
----Dark Rider
-----Death Knight**

-Herbalist
--Alchemist
---Seer
----Oracle
-----Far Seer**
----Spirit Master**
-----Shaman**
---Rune Master
----Witch Doctor
-----Voodoo King**
----Cultist*
-----Warlock* **

-Pickpocket
--Cutpurse
---Thug
----Hired Killer
-----Hitman
----Gang Leader**
-----Mob Boss**
---Burglar
----Spy
-----Mastermind**
----Theif
-----Assassin

* - Orcs and Humans train at the same place.
** - Has Minions.

Notes: First off, you will notice that the whole criminal section is the same for both races. These ones do not fight with the humans or orcs, but instead for the criminal element, which resides in both cities. It is much easier for an orc to move around in the orc city, and the same for a human in the human city, but they can still find refuge with the criminal element in both sides as long as they take care to keep out of sight. They would spend much of their time trying to do what they want (depends on class), while not being caught by the guards.

The burglar sub-section would try to stay hidden in plain sight, doing normal things in plain view, but stealing or killing without anyone knowing. This allows them to move about freely, but requires you to never be caught actually commiting a crime.

The thug sub-section would abandon stealth and go in guns-ablazin' so to speak, and then just keep away from the guards when the deed is done. This allows them to steal and kill whenever they want, without worringing about being caught. However, it requires you to either play keep-away with the guards, or pay them off, or some combination.

Also, for the warlocks, they are also not accepted by either the humans or the orcs, but cannot hide their nature like the criminal element, and so must hide away outside of the cities. Culstists are tolerated, but have more limited access.

The other two sections of each race would all fight for their respective nations (except the warlocks and cultists), and do quests for them, or go into the wilderness and fight random monsters and help random people.

With that, there would be 3 play-styles: Maze/puzzle for the Criminal element, AoS for those who fight for their nation, and Survival for those who live outside of the city. All would, of course, have major RPG elements in them as well, and affect each other.

For example, if someone in the criminal element steals very well, it would make that city poorer, and so unable to use some of the more expensive troops in the battle, or if they kill a lot of people, then that city may not be able to put up as many troops as before. If the battle of the nations favors one side more than the other, then some of the surrounding land would be controlled by one nation than the other, and so possibly make it harder for the independant mercenaries and wanderers. If the independant farms and cities start to like one nation more than another, then they may start to sell only to them, or even move to it's main city.

For the special orb/powerful artifact you mentioned, each of the 3 types would have a different reason to find it. For the criminals, they would want to find it to make themselves more powerful or rich. For those who fight for their nation, it would be to make the army larger and more powerful. For the mercenaries and waderers, they would want it to make their nation more prosperous and secure.

stavious

Reaction score
About the map as a whole... well I see it as one contenient (unlike the WoW's two) with maybe some islands around it. But if Agent Paper could show me a picture of the overview of what the maps looks like now I can suggest what else he can add into it to suit the lore better (if that's what you mean :eek: ).

Saiza

Reaction score
Hehe Agentpaper... that suggestion about the map was CRAZY nice!! I really like it :p But now, it comes to the prob. Is it possible to do this, would the map be to big? I mean, I would need loads of triggers that makes the nation weaker when ppls get killed etc... is it possible?

And ye... post a picture of it please :p

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
I think it is possible, you would need a very good triggerer, (not me, too busy anyways) and it would be hard, but it would be an absolutely awesome map if you could make it work right. And don't think you need to dive right into it. Just start with the simpler stuff, the basics, and then gradually add on more and more as the map progesses.

As for the map, I don't have my computer here yet, still needs to be shipped. However, I can do a simple paint sketch later, if you want. (no time now)

N

nitras

nice man, nice to see that some1 starts working on a serious RPG. ive tried making one myself but it were to much work for me to handle alone :)
just let me know if you need any help triggering. im no elite triggerer but i should be able to help a little :D

Saiza

Reaction score
Naa, Agentpaper.. no sketch needed, it's cool ;) Just show it when you can.

And nitras, thanks for the feed back, and sure... I PM you when (if) I will need help with that :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.