My world editor has mental issues!!!

Warcrafter

Reaction score
My world editor will not open or save any maps. I can make a map, attempt to save it, and nothing will happen, and the map will still say untitled. If i exit TWE, it asks if i want to save the map, i click yes, nothing happens and i try to exit and it repeats the process. Also, it does the same thing with opening maps, where no window will open to save/open a map.

Aserpent

Reaction score
I would call an exorcist asap

But in all seriousness, I would reinstall, save all your maps/resources to somewhere and then reinstall and patch up, if it still doesn't work, the problem would be your PC (Or perhaps registry?)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
it sounds like it could be a problem with your explorer program (the one that lets you access your files) im not sure how to check if its corrupted though

Aserpent

Reaction score
it sounds like it could be a problem with your explorer program (the one that lets you access your files) im not sure how to check if its corrupted though

Sounds more like a corrupted WE/Warcraft install to me, at least more likely, as I'm sure if he wasn't able to save or open files, he would have had quite a hard time even getting onto these forums.

I don't think he wants to reinstall his OS - Not trying to discredit you or anything, just seems the easier route would be try reinstalling WC3 and such first.

@Warcrafter
Are you using a Third Party World Editor? What OS are you on?

If you've just installed WE/Warcraft 3 or perhaps got a new computer, chances are you're on W7 and the security features could be interfering...

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
Lol I'm not a protoss I prefer not to purge by fire.... I would def recommend he reinstall wc3 first, but I do know you can have a corrupted explorer that makes other programs not work in conjunction with it, that's all I was meaning

Aserpent

Reaction score
Lol I'm not a protoss I prefer not to purge by fire.... I would def recommend he reinstall wc3 first, but I do know you can have a corrupted explorer that makes other programs not work in conjunction with it, that's all I was meaning
What I was meaning is that if explorer didn't work properly, he probably would have mentioned it - Or should have!
Anyway, back to issue at hand.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.