Need assistance with a damage trigger.

Tru_Power

Reaction score
I'm messing around with a heavily trigger based spell and I want the damage to go only to enemy units (Duh) and I don't want to say, and damage green and damage pink.... So yeah.... Help Please!

H

HBtheOnly

Create an if, then else action and then put a condition in that which detects whether the targeted unit is an enemy or not (you should be able to do that) then damage them (and create the special FX), else it'd do nothing.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
That's pretty basic i believe.....

Just do

Code:
E - unit casts
C - your ability
A -
set point = position of triggering/point of being cast
set group = units within [Area of effect] of point matching [B](boolean matching unit belongs to an enemy of owner of triggering equal to true)[/B]
pick all in group and do 
whatever
~remove variables~

Also you may wanna have (is alive equal to true) and (is a building equal to false).
Or am i misunderstanding you and youre asking for something completely different?

H

HBtheOnly

Right click the name of the trigger and go "Copy as text"

Tru_Power

Reaction score
Thanks.... :banghead:

Code:
Spell
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Channel 
    Actions
        Advanced - Create a special effect circle around location (Position of (Casting unit)) with radius 500.00 with 24 effects in total using model path Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UCancelDeath\UCancelDeath.mdl and lasting 2.00 seconds
        Set temp_group = (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Casting unit)), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 400.00 towards 90.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 300.00 towards 180.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 200.00 towards 270.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at ((Position of (Casting unit)) offset by 100.00 towards 360.00 degrees) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl

Yeah I know Leaky This is a test though.....

Woot it works now!

Thanks Frozn

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.