New Age of Warcraft

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Human Towers: Completed!

Little update: I'm done with the CURRENT Human towers.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/AlexanderStinda/HumanTowers.jpg

There are 4 types now. The Observation (Scout tower only so far, but Shadowy Fear has PMed me a few ideas I have to look through), the Dwarven/Gnome (Cannon Tower Sniper Tower, and Gnome Tower), the Quick-Fire (the Guard Tower, Shock Tower) and the Magic towers (Arcane Tower, Apollo's Wrath, and the Moonlight Tower)

For now, I'm just going to be on the forum, though, as I can't find the notebook for NAoW. I think I know where it is, but I won't be able to get it back until next Friday...I'll probably just buy a 3 subject notebook to replace it, in the event I can't retrieve my old one. Besides, 3 subject notebooks would be more organized! :D

However, that doesn't mean I want you to stop with the Tower ideas! I added a few that were suggested before, but I didn't read thoroughly enough.

zll7

Reaction score
This post could turn out bad but...I think they look good but at the same time look the same as towers in every other map ive seen...unless that what you want.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Well, technically, they are the same models. I haven't even started importing models, icons, yadda yadda yet. I probably will toward the end, to touch things up, but for now I needed a base, so I could see them! :p But I think people will be more concerned with how useful a tower, or unit, or whatever is, moreso then concerned with what it looks like.

But you do make a good point: I probably WILL use custom models, just not now! :D

-Side-note-

Shadowy Fear has been added to the Credits (as well as the first page of this thread) for his help on this project.

Thank you, Shadowy Fear! :)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Your welcome :D glad to help lol --- as I said on enigmas thread, my imagination is unbound, but unfortunately my WE skills and interst are ... VERY bound lol :) so its fun suggesting ideas (even more fun when my ideas are considered or use :) ).
You know, I never really saw the face in your avatar lol at first I thought it was like the heel of a dinosaur or something lol :D :p :)

Just a thought - what will you use for the mirror towers, if you DO use a custom model for them? I know AoM has a pretty cool one; thats where I got the idea lol :D in fact, they even had a unit that had that ability, it fired beams of sunlight through these little crystals on its head ... Id forgotten about that one ...

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'll probably look through the models on the other famous sites, which I can't remember the URL or names of at the moment... :p For a tower with a mirror pane on top, or just a cool tower...

Hmm, Towers that have light reflecting through them...I might use that, as well, possibly turning the Apollo's Wrath towers into the Human's Combination towers! :D Interesting idea...

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Huh?

Um, did I ... wha - lol, I was actually referring to a unit in AoM (bejeweled crocodile or something) that focused light through it, I wasnt implying that you - id better shut up before I convince you that 1.) you shouldnt do what you just posted /\ up there or 2.) that I get all of my ideas from Age of Mythology lol! :p :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
Um...Sure? Lol, whatever...I was just thinking that I could make the Towers grow in power with more of them on the field. Like the light reflects between them, and becomes more intense.

M

Marksman

Yes yes, that is awesome. And make some kind of beam of light from the top of each mirror tower, and maybe, they deal more damge during the day (more sunlight). I just really like that.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hey ya that would be pretty cool lol! Make an ability or something called 'Polyphotoscopic' or whatever that would focus the sunlight from all the towers and channel it along them --- the area where the light was channeled could be a devastating air and/or ground shield, preventing enemies from getting through and forcing them to kill the towers. The towers could even move their beams of light or a special ability could make them attack the same point of ground ------ an upgradable ability called 'Daylight Savings' could suck all the light out of a particular area, making EVERYTHING in teh afflicted area have 0 visibility and not be able to be seen (no light comes to their eyes, no light reflects off of them) lol the possibilities are endless :D :p

For the matter of altering light, you could even allow them special abilities to alter night and day (hey they are based on arcane tower right :p) --- maybe possessing 5 of them, all relatively close together, or each one within 750 of another, could lengthen the day and shorten the night :D

Edit --- you know, I just noticed; take a look at my avatar lol :D ;) :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
What about your avatar? It's a triangle! :p Well, ok, 3 triangles.

-Edit-
OH, I get it, the light thing...Ha, that's ironic! :p
-End Edit-

Here's my idea in full (and I don't even have my notebook to write it down in -.-):

These towers, called Mirror Towers have mirrors on top of them which they use to reflect light. They have NO attack, and are moderate armor/life. However, they also have a moderate cost. Now, alone, these things mean next to nothing. But when you get 2, light reflects from one mirror to the other, creating a sort of "heat wall". With three, the light becomes more focused and intense, creating an even MORE damaging "heat wall". Also, once you have 2 of the Mirror Towers, you can position the mirrors on top to allow you to shoot little rays of sunlight, like the Apollo's Wrath tower. With each new Mirror Tower, the blast becomes more intense and damaging. Also, you can't use the blast without 2 towers.

Also, this only works during the day, since they require sunlight to do anything. So, at night, they're pretty useless as well.

This would be the Human's "Combination tower".

What do you think?

L

leetslay

a good counter to the mirror towers would be the night elves purchaseable item that creates artificial night for 30 secs

DM Cross

Reaction score
*Shrug* That just means the Night Elves specialize against fighting Human towers, I guess! :D

Besides, Combination towers are MEANT to be full of weaknesses, due to the fact that they have some amazing abilities. When I say the beam of light that the Towers use to blast people is intensified, I mean blasting the hell out of a unit, for like 125 damage! Now, that's pretty damn good, don't you think? However, that's why you need a lot of them, to be good, and even then, you're not garunteed a victory. A smart opponent wouldn't attack you during the day, they'd wait til night time to whack you. That way, your wonderful Mirror towers are pretty much in vain. But new players won't know that, and sometimes they won't have a choice. Waiting for night might mean a harder fight to win that isn't as sure if they just bring a few siege units and hope you don't have a Sniper tower, or a Gnome tower on hand.

It helps create STRATEGY! :D That's what I was aiming for.

L

leetslay

well then if u meet good players mirror towers would be pretty much useless since they would avoid them as much as possible during the day so they wont be utilized as much as the player would want to. the scenario where a unit gets trapped and a peasant comes near and builds two mirror towers and kills the unit might be the one scenario that mirror towers gets useful

not trying to ruin anything or something maybe u should rethink this just take it as an advice

DM Cross

Reaction score
That's true, but you've forgotten something: Sometimes toward the end of the fight, if you don't attack now, you might not win. You can't always wait around, and hey, who knows if player 1 (human) HAS Mirror Towers? Maybe he decided to spend more money on the very expensive and time consuming Sniper towers. Your argument seems based on the fact that Player 1's enemy KNOWS he has 3-4 Mirror towers standing outside his base, ready to fry the nearest thing. But who knows? Sure, some races have a means of finding out. Other Humans will have Reveal, from their Arcane Towers, while Orcs have the Far Seer's Far Sight ability. Undead has their Shades, while Night Elves have the Owl Scout of the Priestess of the Moon....There are millions of ways to find out something like that, but all of the ways I named have BEEN there since before I started this project. You have to understand that the existance of Mirror towers means strategic fighting, for both the user and the enemy. The enemy is going to try to find a way around them, while the user has to figure out a way to make them more useful.

Sorry if it confuses you, but that's what I'm trying to get: More strategy into the gameplay, instead of "build 20 grunts and mow over your enemies units".

It just seemed too boring that way! :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
Family Photo

The NAoW family has put it's racial differences aside (barely, let me tell you, the Druid of the Paw BIT me when I suggested this!) for a moment (a grand total of 5 seconds before arguing) in order to take a Famly Photo. The photo is viewable (trust me, a rare occasion like this isn't something you want to miss, I doubt it'll ever happen again, if I pay these psychos!) on the first post of this thread.

(Hint: The "Welcome", at the end is a link)

L

leetslay

if thats how u think most players laid up there strategy right now(i think thats what you meant) then you dont know anything about warcraft 3... maybe you havent played any games yet? if thats the case i doubt your map would be any good to serious players that likes to put up serious strategies and not some strategy that just works against noobs and not against serious players .... cuz thats what i would like to see ... anyway maybe some people would like your map and thats good for them (woho) ... im not saying most ppl wont play this im not sure about that since we wont know how it will come out in the end... i should probably stop writing now before i say something stupid.. just give it a thought ok?

DM Cross

Reaction score

*Sigh*

You are missing the point. I'd spell it out, but I it's there, in plain text, so I don't think I can. As it is, I'm not having this argument with you. People can use or not use the tower as they feel fit. I'm sure people will, and I'm sure people won't. Depends on the person.

AS IT IS, smart mouth, yes, I have played games before. I know what I'm talking about, I just apparently can't word it so you get it. Honestly, though? I have no desire to convince someone who's so deadset in their opinion and then resorts to offensive comments in order to make his point more relevant. So think what you willl. I really don't care.

Have a nice day.

L

leetslay

ok im sorry if i offended u in any way i just wanted u to think ur idea over some because to me it didnt sound very good u understand right?

sry

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.