New Age of Warcraft

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
OK now that Iv had my chat with my phychiatrist I feel MUCH better *eyelid twitches slightly*. I feel so good that ill give you another idea for towers lol :D

Night Elves: Prison Tower: its basically a giant, well, prison; it costs quite a lot, and takes up a lot of space, but its one of the best towers the night elves have. Heres why:

The prison tower has sentries all around it, giving it a long LOS. It also has lots of guards, who shoot arrow guns at enemies who get close. It has the POW ability, which acts as a soul gem basically, capturing a hero near it and locking them up inside a dungeon in the prison. The hero slowly loses health while in the dungeon; it could possibly have the Interrogation Methods ability, damaging the hero quite a lot and giving sight of the prison to enemies but pinging the random location of the heros base or his allies town hall or whatever. The prison itself has mdoerate hp, and once destroyed spawns a ton of criminals or bandits at the location of its death, who attack the prisons owner.

I basically wanted a tower that was good at confining heros; I think I accomplished this with the prison.

Alternately, it could be a special building, where you can train prison caravans (illidans cage model, locks heros up) lock heros up, attack, and revive the Warden, if you have her.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
:eek:

AMAZING idea! :D Consider yourself credited already. That gives me quite a few new ideas for new dangerous features to the map...Maybe the Satyrs can have a camp (or two, and I can make this a 4 player map) and they have something like that...And that's just one possibility...Awesome, dude, AWESOME! :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Alexander, I believe you said in a previous thread that you, rinpun, and silverhawk should get together to make one kicka%s vampire map? If you do, make sure to include me as cheif adviser and 'da idea guy' :D I even suggesting something CONAN used for me thats a HUGE accomplishment and then you and enigma and rinpun and lol :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually, my next three projects are going to be map versions of the three books of my "Stinda Series": Corruption -> Re-Birth -> Illusions. And then I may make them into a campaign instead, depending...

M

Marksman

Good idea, Shadowy Fear, i haven't heard of a tower like that before. How are the maps based of your books going to be Alexander? Rpgs?

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Really? Hey, can I help :D? Im pretty good with terran and the other stuff, just not so proficient with the whole trigger concept (jass gives me the twitches)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yes, RPG, you're going to be switching characters in each map to follow the storyline. It's fun for anyone who hasn't read the full book, and fun even for those who have.

Hey, anyone who wants to help can. I was actually thinking of assembling a TEAM for these, but to be honest, it won't be for awhile.

The reason? After NAoW is done, I'm taking a break from moding. I'll still be on the forums (learning and helping) but I need to finish rewriting the books (for the final version) before I can really start the maps. So many details lost.

Quick run-down of the books:
Corruption: Elizabeth Jensen, a junior in high school accidentally stumbles on New Blood, a Vampire town from the books of one: Kevin Pinaha, an author who writes Vampires books. Now Elizabeth is hunted by Alexander Stinda, a Vampire assassin who hates his job and most of his reality.

Re-Birth: Alexander has fallen into a coma, and it's up to his two newest fledglings to keep him "alive" as all his enemies assemble to try to do him in.

Illusion: Illusions is actually about Tyrale, the first Vampire (my version of Dracula). It shows the history of Tyrale as a human, then a Vampire, hunted by Guardians and Hunters, trying to come to cope with his new life, and finally settling in to it. Nice ending to this one. Let's just say, it sort of creates a cycle.

S

sentinel bro

your new melee map

Pretty cool!!! Will you give us a copy of the map so that we could try the game?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
SF had too much caffeine....

:D:D

If you need any icons or skins for your towers and other units, Alexander, I'll be happy to contribute :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Thank you for the compliment. When Beta 3.0 is finished, there will be a post with the map (probably on the first page).

Actually, I was thinking of making a load of new icons. I sketch a bit, so I can sketch out icons and then edit them in Paint, like I did with my Avatar! :D But I'll keep the skin offer in mind. THAT I can't do.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Caffeine? What caffeine? Theres caffeine here?! Where is it! I WANT SOME CAFFEINE! *starts to run around room* Coffee? Coffee? Anyone have coffee? CMON! PLEASE! I WANT SOME COFFEEE ALREADY *5 empty coffee mugs visible on desk*

Hmmm, at least its Friday --- at least here it is --- another idea I guess (caffeine dulling my senses though ... hmmmm , thats strange )

Tranquilizer: (not really sure what race this is, maybe itll come to me in a vision later) this is a great distracting tower; it is rather small, and has little hp or armor, but fires a multitude of 'tranquilizer' darts at enemies; they are slowed at first very little, then increasingly slowed, then they fall asleep for 10 seconds; it has moderate damage, and can hit two targets at the same time. Probably human race tower; it wold be a great battlefield tower. If you give me some coffee ill give you more ideas :D

M

Marksman

Ok, time to actually contribute to the thread.

Power Tower: An expensive large tower, shoots high damage shots, a little slowly. Nothing special.

Illusionary Tower: Looks exactly like a power tower, when clicked on, it says its a power tower, deals same damage. It's so cheap that it's almost free. The catch is that the damage is fake damage, it makes the unit look like its hurt but it maintains hp. If this is too hard to trigger, make the tower a little more expensive, and make the damage heal back in like 5 seconds.

SF, just know, that each of my gunshots are just for you ;)

Btw Alexander, i liked your avatar a lot when i thought it was feathers. Ever since I saw the face in it, it's been a little odd...

L

leetslay

how bout upgrades for Arcane Tower;

Arcane Generator: Requires Tier 4;
Gives Arcane Towers the ability to use "Arcane Shower".

Arcane Shower works like volcano but without the stun, and will have a small feedback with each "Arcane Drop".

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Ill keep dat in mind marksman :p

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... what could I possible change ...

Heres a possible upgrade for --- what was that tower you had in mind that called down stars? The Astral Ancient or whatever? Heres an additional upgrade for that if possible.

Astral Orbiter: this tower consists of several stars, metorites, whatever that orbited (hence the name lol ...) around the orbiter; when enemies get close, the towers automatically attack, but without an 'actual' attack; they are more like proximity mines, except that they deal huge damage and keep dealing it and dont die the first time :) When an enemy gets close the orbiting metorites or stars or whatever expand and grow in size, and orbit farther out; when they smash into an enemy, it deals very heavy damage; only a few stars can orbit the astral orbiter at any time, and it takes about 10 seconds for a new one to spawn. They would have very medicore hp and no armor (doesnt take much to throw off the orbit) and when they die, the central ... whatever ... possible a big star ... implodes, and all of the smaller damage dealing stars are flung out in all directions, likely cutting down thvery enemeis that killed it.

I was wondering what a tower that didnt need micromanagement, or even management at all, would be like, and was also curious as to a tower that had a unique attack that could miss but not like a cannon tower :D Hope you like this one too! :p :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
(The Avatar is from a song by Disturbed, called Droppin' Plates. The line goes "Rippin' through the walls of your nightmares!")

Was busy today, so I didn't update anything. But I did think of a new feature I want some opinions on.

There are two corner mines (starting locations (6 player map)). These are guarded by Satyrs, like any other race. I was thinking of adding a TD aspect to the game by making the two corner mines into Satyr camps that attack both of the nearby towns (there are 3 starting locations in each corner, in a triangle) with waves of enemies. (The Satyr idea is subject to change to something else if the Satyrs pair up with the Naga for Beta 4.0)

DM Cross

Reaction score
Actually, Shadowy, I'm not sure if I've stated in this thread yet, but I had in the other one.

Beta 4.0 is going to be a huge project for me. I'm going to be making a fifth race for the map: The Naga.

HOWEVER! I do NOT want ideas for this beta yet. I'm still working on Beta 3.0, and when this is COMPLETED, I will begin to ask for Naga ideas. Step 1 will naturally be re-structuring the Naga techtree so that it works more like the other 4, as the Naga aren't fully thought out. Then I will go looking for ideas to bring them up to the status of the other 4 enhanced races.

However, I could use a different race for that idea. Maybe make a spider infestation type thing. Good idea.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Using your creative mind and not others suggestions is a good idea, then the map looks more creative :) thats what I like about your map... its all creative and thought up of...

BrokenX

DM Cross

Reaction score
Oh, I always try to supply my own ideas. After all, it is MY project, but hey, I like to let other people put their own spin on it. Sometimes people come up with ideas that completely and totally conflict with my own, and that just makes an amazing map in the end! :D Also, I don't always have ideas, but people like Rinpun and Shadowy Fear have AMAZINGLY unconventional ideas, which I just love! :D

So, in short (after I just wrote that long thing, lol) yeah, I do try my own ideas. But I won't stop anyone from suggesting things, either.

It's a community map, let's say! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.