Order unit to use illusion?

Erkki2

Reaction score
I made an ability based on item illusion and i ran into this simple problem: how can i make unit to use this ability through triggers?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, first you'll have to make it a unit ability, and not item ability :D

fr0ggE

Reaction score
I made a unit ability off of Staff of Preservation, and I couldn't figure out how to make make a unit use it by triggers either.

I don't think there is a way, but hopefully someone who knows more will correct me.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can, it just requires custom script. Here is a link to what info I have so far. I do not know how to do the custom script but once I do, I will post it.

roXplosive

Reaction score
Here is a link towards a juxtapose spell . It requires Jass ; there is another one on the forums using GUI but it adds wand of illusion item to the hero and casta illusion .

Jass code link

asipo

Reaction score
Not sure what "Order unit to use illusion" means

Issit
If there is 2 unit, 1st unit a Hero and 2nd unit a dummy caster.
Then you want to make the dummy caster to cast illusion to the hero?
and the dummy caster is casting the illusion ability through the trigger.

If the my example was correct
I also figureout that there is no illusion ability in trigger Unit - Issue Order Targeting A Unit
So my solution is using the Wand of Illusion Item and put in Dummy caster inventory. And then use the trigger Hero - Use Item On A Unit

Kuberr24

Reaction score
call IssueTargetOrderById(udg_IllusionDummy, 852274, udg_IllusionTarget)

This is correct. Every order, from "move", to "attack" to "cast illusion ability from item" has an order integer (a 6 digit number). but for some stupid reason, not all order have a string (= a word) so "cast illusion ability from item" doesn't exist! but 852274 is totally the same.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.