Players Choice Campaign Need Your Ideas!

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
I'm currently making a campaign with new models, terrain, game mods and more, i've hit a brick wall and can't think of any scenarios to use all these mods and what-not, this campaign will be put of thehelper.net and hiveworkshop to starters if you wish to access it..

but seriously, i need your idea, this is a chance for you players to get a good campaign. not those piss-easy blizzard ones.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well. What exactly have you made so far?
We need a basic idea of what you've done or what your current ideas are so we can say our ideas.

Panda

Reaction score
Make a campaign about the pandas with the Pandaren Brewmaster as the main character. I'm really pissed that theres no pandas in the Blizzard campaigns..
Perhaps something about enemies invading their homelands, stealing their ale or whatever ;)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make a campaign about the pandas with the Pandaren Brewmaster as the main character. I'm really pissed that theres no pandas in the Blizzard campaigns..
Perhaps something about enemies invading their homelands, stealing their ale or whatever ;)

There are Pandaren campaigns out there though...

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
Well. What exactly have you made so far?
We need a basic idea of what you've done or what your current ideas are so we can say our ideas.

I've made almost nothing. I mean i've got the systems, and mods and what-not, i probly wont use the mods though, um i personally like massive (non-lag) battles that look kinda realistic like 1 or 2 hits and they die.

But yeah nah, i was hoping people would contribute so that you guys can get a campaign that you like.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've made almost nothing. I mean i've got the systems, and mods and what-not, i probly wont use the mods though, um i personally like massive (non-lag) battles that look kinda realistic like 1 or 2 hits and they die.

But yeah nah, i was hoping people would contribute so that you guys can get a campaign that you like.

2 hits and you die..
2000 man battles will last 10 seconds. xD

It's like that for real.. But not in warcraft :)
What systems do you have?

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
only the squad system by AgentPaper and a whole bunch of custom models from Hive.WS bookmarked

Lightstalker

Reaction score
2 hits and you die..
2000 man battles will last 10 seconds. xD

It's like that for real.. But not in warcraft :)
What systems do you have?

The WC engine can't handle 2000 man battles... wait for SC2 if you need to do something like this.

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a map based on Realistic Medieval Warfare...

I would reccomend doing something heavily unit-based, with heroes mainly providing support. That way (unlike Blizzard campaigns) you would actually have to micro-manage and keep your units alive. I would also reccomend making sure that there is some questing and some defending

(i.e. Your scouts find a good place to build an outpost [like on a hill or something], so you send builders out. The outpost is attacked soon after and can't hold out for long, so you have to fight your way through enemies and obstacles to get to it in x amount of time. Once there, you have to rebuild and defend the outpost for z amount of time.)

In this type of game i believe a more non-realistic (Wc3) approach would be best to implement the challenge of micro-managing units.

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
Well yeah, i agree with doggod in that i reakon a campaign would be better based around units, not heroes...

I've actaully thought of a storyline i think would be quite decent.

SPOILER!!! =P

Races Used -Human -Orc -Night Elf -Undead -Dwarf -Pandarian -Elf -Naga

Storyline - A human scout stumbles across a ancient power source dead within the underground northrend and ends up dieing, his human masters find out about it and send a strike force to see whats happening in the frozen wasteland, they all die, the human king calls together all the allies of the alliance and ask them to aid him in the beseigement of whatever it is that is killing his armies, all the different races several different ways of getting there
eventually they all get there and try to capture the power source and the undead scourge ends up taking it first, this is then the final level where all the races are fighting to take the power back from the undead. (in other words a huge battle)

reply to what you think this storyline is? good or bad? give suggestions or other ideas Thanks.

Chewbalka

Reaction score

i like battles like that two, personaly id much perfer to see a war where people actually die instead of massing up a small area with doezens of arrows and stabs in them.

try stabbing someone with something you'll see it doesent take 10-30 stabs to kill them, or make them fall.
well dont actually try it.

(Maybe its why the snipers mapswhere so popular)

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I can't wait for you to finish it. It'll probably be awhile though. But it sounds good to me.

Zerox

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you didn't make your email address why are you using it? Second I would like to have your map. :)

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, but try to include a few side quests or random events that could happen so the map isn't the same every time you play it... Also, would the Undead guy that gets the power thing be a computer or a player?

Edit: I would like to have this map once finished. PM me on the forums if possible

Kiwi_Jesus

Reaction score
would the Undead guy that gets the power thing be a computer or a player?

Well I was thinking that for the majority of the campaign the undead faction would be controlled by a computer, due to that you would be controlling the opposite factions as enemies. But there should (i think, not sure yet) be a few levels where the player would have to use the undead to acheive something or a similar thing like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.