Problem with trigger, makes everything lag and I have to close Warcraft

neckcuttabob

Reaction score
I don't see what the problem with it is, I have 2 other triggers basically like it the only difference being where the dummy spawns and the type of command I give it. Anyone see a problem with this trigger?

Ring of Frost
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Ring of Frost
Actions
Wait 2.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Freeze) for (Triggering player) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add Freeze to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Freeze for (Last created unit) to (Level of Ring of Frost for (Triggering unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp

fyor

Reaction score
Does the "War Stomp" ability have a cooldown? How much dmg does it deal? How much mana does it cost? What's the aoe on it? How long does it stun for?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Ring of Frost
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Ring of Frost
Actions
[B]Set Point = (Target point of ability being cast)[/B]
Wait 2.00 seconds
Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Freeze) for ([B]Owner of (Triggering unit)[/B]) at [B]Point[/B] facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add Freeze to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Freeze for (Last created unit) to (Level of Ring of Frost for (Triggering unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp

The trigger doesn't seem laggable to me. But it should not be able to work. Try adding/replacing the bolded stuff.

The lag should be caused by some other trigger. Try to post any possible trigger that will be run at that particular instant.

fyor

Reaction score
The problem is probably with the Dummy Unit or the Dummy Spell. Just because the trigger brings forth the problem doesn't mean that it always has to be the sole of the problem.

Jagan

Reaction score
I don't see how that simple trigger could cause any form of lag. I agree with vypur that it's probably caused by another trigger. Or maybe even triggers.

Fluffball

Reaction score
It's probably because you have another spell trigger, that lags horribly, that doesnt have a condition checking which spell was cast. Check all triggers that could possibly trigger when a spell was cast.

neckcuttabob

Reaction score
I fixed it, well more or less I deleted the trigger and the base spell, made a new base spell from channel and made the new trigger so It was just like my other spell triggers, except of course the names of the spells and where the dummy went.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
You could have kept the trigger

You made it create the unit for the triggering player
Code:
Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Freeze) for (Triggering player) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))

Who the heck is the trigegring player?
Shouldnt it be owner of triggering unit ?

woot

Reaction score
Some base spells have information in them that if you set it to 0 just casting the spell will lag the game like crazy.

For instance if there is something like a "Time between damage" that was set to 1 or .5 or something.. if you set that to 0 then it causes warcraft's code to run a loop over and over and over lagging your game like crazy

All you have to do is not set those certain things to 0.. they don't have to be.. just set them to 1 or something and set the damaging portion to 0

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.