master maste

Reaction score
Yea it is Lunarios lol :)
hes constantly on msn but he never answers
and he has not posted on here for the last couple of pages :p

anyways do you have anymore questions?

master maste

Reaction score
Chovy has been working on some Project: Orbitos sigs and came up with this. . .

+1billion rep to chovy for that.
and +rep to me so I can wear it :)

Attachments

• POMast.jpg
    POMast.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 266

master maste

Reaction score
gj on the 500 posts and the signature thing. . .

thought I should bump this since its on the third page and chovy is probably not going to do it :)

back from holiday and into school :eek:

got an idea for how to work the homing missile and will start working on it tomorrow or saturday.

and. . .

Post Chovy Post

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
Welcome back! Good to have you back...
You were partially right. I'm not going to do it.....because as some other people know...real life is here. :)

It's my first experience with 3 kids. I was so unprepared. As a result Orbitos had to take a little back shelf for awhile.

So I had / have nothing to poast at the moment. Mmmm. Poast. I like poast with my toast. The most, it's toasted poast.

master maste

Reaction score
well Project Orbitos will probably running slower than usual with school starting up again, until we get to the first holidays which actually arent that far away. :)

Put it on the shelf for now but dont forget it.

chovynz

Reaction score
Catch 22 -

Kept for historic purposes.

[del]Announcement: After much Jassing and trying to code various missiles and units and abilities, I have come to a crossroads. I've been here before but it was a silent road (as in - I didn't tell anyone.)

The problem: Making projectiles that damage enemy units internally rather than relying on external triggers. My lack of knowledge to do with certain parts of JASS. Efficiency of triggers due to the amount of effects and units on the map when having a fullhouse with Project: Orbitos.

The solution: Use Vexorians Caster System.

The background: I have tried Handle Vars, Attachable Handle Vars, Caster System, and some other systems out there. I have had conflicts between the systems. I have had abilities mucking up because I don't know what im doing with "Blah" part of the JASS coding. I've had tears (and master maste know this,) I've had frustration, I've had incomplete answers from people who know Jass but don't know how to help a non-programmer & non-Jasser (not a complaint btw - just an observation), I've had nights and nights and nights of trying to understand JASS or parts of it, I've had errors and you name it I've had it. I've had headaches and breakthroughs when something dawns and i get something done, and I've had the most severe bout of wanting to break the computer because "The FKNG ability got saved over, when it was working fine!!", I've had terrain changes after reloading the map and something got lost (usually cuz Im not paying close enough attention to what I've done.) I've had beer nights, and poo nights. I've had lows AND I've had highs with making Project: Orbitos.

And yet, it's no-where ready to release to the public. So ... as of this moment (sorry for so little warning - Master Maste :) I was hoping to contact you before announcing this - but that didn't happen) we are moving to the Caster System. I'll be learning how to use it, and implement it into our Project: Orbitos map. This will probably delay the release of P:O for awhile but we'll end up with a better result. I'm kind of gutted that it's come to this, but there doesn't seem to be any other way of doing what I can see in my head regarding Project: Orbitos. One of the reasons why I didn't do use this before is because it will require me to use some Hacks with WE and WC3 (which in honesty I'm not too happy about - but like I said - I don't see any other way.)

If you (yes you the reader!) think I'm making a mistake please let me know. Or if you know of how to make a projectile damage enemy units internally i'd be grateful for a link or some more knowledge as well.

Thanks for reading! It's a long post.

Edit: This is my intention, but I'll not do this yet. Master and myself will continue as we were for a little while and see if we can finish the homing bullet. We're having some trouble with it and it would be silly to introduce yet another thing into our project. Master, when you're available we need to MSN. I got some ideas I'd like to run past you.[/del]

master maste

Reaction score
One small step in warcraft 3 map editing, one giant step for Project:Orbitos

Glad to hear of this at such short notice :p But its ok sounds like Project Orbitos is going the way of the future.

Can't wait to try out the new system, and discus these ideas with you.

Saturday we are go for launch

Countdown = 3 days :)

chovynz

Reaction score
Right!

All player bases now have huge explosions when you destory the base. I'm working on a knockback when the explosion happens to all units in a medium vicinity. If anyone has a MUI knockback and would like to share, it'll make Master's and my workload slightly lighter. Credit will be given of course. To see a pre-this version preview go here. Just remember it's bigger and better though.

master maste

Reaction score
Sounds like fun, everyone enjoys a good explosion. :D

It would be great if someone could donate a knockback that is mui (and credit will be given as chovy said).:)

Working on this homing thing, but Jass is not being my friend today.

PS. chovy I still need to catch up with you about that convo on msn, might be on next weekend as its pretty full on with school. :eek:

master maste

Reaction score
Just wanted to tell chovy that I've got some promising things happening with our homing bullet, when you talk to me on msn you can have a look. :)

master maste

Reaction score
GOOD NEWS

Me and chovy have successfully figured out the mysterys of the homing bullet, and it is working. We now just have to modify this to our other homing weapons then finish off the gattling gun then the weapons are basicly done.

We are also working on a unique damage system for the missile (but that is secret at the moment) :)

We are now going to work on completing the shields and then we should have a basic combat layout of the game.

Sure it still needs alot of touch ups, but its looking really really good. :)

I hope me and chovy are not the only people that are actually reading this. :p that would be strange lol.

chovynz

Reaction score
Lol I want to add so much to that...but it covers "the state of things" roughly well. I'm getting quite excited to (soonly) present to this community a test map for Project Orbitos (and I'm sure Master is too :) :) :))

chovynz

Reaction score
All the shields' icons are in. Now we just need to find the right effects for the triggered triggery triggering trigger tings. And I've settled on a ship model. It works great...has nice animations including a death one.

Shield Icons and Ship ......... Ship Stuff

Note: The model wasn't made by me.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
i have many words, but i will cramp them all into one... AWESOME!!!
wow this is the coolest thing ive seen on warcraft, good job guys!

keep up the good work!

master maste

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, for the last 8ish pages we have been the only people here lol :D

any more comments would be greatly appreciated. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.