PvE/PvP Style Map

pneric

Reaction score
Hi, I just want to post my idea for a map I am conceptualizing. Please feel free to add insights and suggestions in this thread.

FEATURES:

• Up to 10 players engaging in up to 5v5 matches
• A PvE and PvP environment style of play
• Brand new heroes to choose from
• Brand new items to manipulate
• Map complete with creeps and terrain to interact with

• Gameplay will be based on a balance between PvE and PvP
o PvE (Player vs. Environment) will require the team to work together in order to defeat the creeps. Doing so will not only yield the team gold to use for their equipment, it will allow them to gain levels to be used for new abilities.
o PvP (Player vs. Player) will test each team’s ability to work as a unit in order to defeat the opposing team. During this mode, the field will be reduced to a smaller scale and the surviving team will emerge victorious.

• Heroes will be differentiated into 4 types: TANK, HEALER, DPS and BUFFER
o TANK – not the strongest, but definitely the toughest of all, can take immense damage from creeps as well as heroes but will require the help of other classes in order to take down enemies.
o HEALER – can recover the lost health of allies in order to keep them in battle longer; they may not be the toughest but their healing capabilities can keep them going.
o DPS – the bread and butter of every battle, this class uses its attack and abilities in order to deplete the opposing players health; two sub-types:
> PHYSICAL DPS – damage comes greatly from normal attacks with or without the use of abilities
> SPELL DPS – damage primarily comes from execution of skills that a hero has, these classes spend mana in order to great damage
o BUFFER – the buffer classes uses its skills and abilities in order to change the tide of the battle, they can improve the power of their team or weaken the enemies’.

VICTORY OBJECTIVES:

Now this is the part I'm having a hard time on, this will also become the basis of how I will design the map. So far I have the following in mind:

PERIODIC PVP BATTLE "ARENA" STYLE PLAY:

• Mix between DotA and any arena map
• There will be creep waves in X lanes and heroes will have to assist them in pushing towards the opponents base
• Every X minutes, heroes will be transported into a room wherein they will engage in PvP battle, surviving team wins the round then continues with the wave push
• To win you must score the most points by either: killing heroes or destroying the enemy base. Fast pushers who get rid of the base quickly might end up losing because they didn't kill enough

"OBJECT CONTROL" STYLE PLAY:

• Kinda like one of the campaign maps where you play as Kael and Vashj and you had to pull the cage containing Illidan towards your base. Maiev was also in this map.
• There will be two "orbs" at the center of the map and whenever a hero is dead, the orb will start moving towards the opponent's base. When it reaches there, that team loses (opposite of the campaign).
• Your respective orb moves faster depending on how many heroes form the opposing team is dead. Like 50MS for 1 hero dead, 100ms for 2 hero dead etc.
• Not sure if gonna put creep waves for each team's bases. Might just put STRONG creeps all over the map. So that a team will just hunt down neutrals in order to level. Of course they will be hard and teamwork will be required.

THINGS I REALLY WANT TO FOCUS ON:

• The class system. I want every game to REALLY HAVE a tank, a healer and other classes. The tank is there to eat damage from strong creeps since a healer or dps wont even survive a few hits.
• Because of this, I want heroes to stick together as much as possible, a hero who wanders off to far will most likely die. The team must move as a unit and not have their individual plays.

Once again, please feel to comment, suggest, cite any problem with my ideas. Everyday I sit on the computer wanting to start this map but I end up producing nothing because my concept is still not furnished. If you can also suggest good techniques on how to start a map, please do so here. +REP if you do thanks for reading! :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
BUMP once every 24 hours.

Well, your thread doesn't show much, :p. It's just what ever other PvP map is, but you don't even have a map ready.

A good technique to start a map... open World Editor. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think we need to add something to the bottom of the front page that shows the Headline News forum that has a link to go to the News Forum Index so people can see there is more news. Do you guys see what I am saying, lets say you read all the articles on the front page and you get to the end and it just ends, no kind of link for MOAR!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Wednesday!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Sticking with the desserts for now the latest recipe is Fried Apple Pies - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-fried-apple-pies.194297/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Finally finding about some of the bots that are flooding the users online - bytespider apparently is a huge offender here - ignores robots.txt and comes in from a ton of different IPs

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.