Remove animation - Engineering Upgrade

G

Genesis8

I'm basing a Hero's spell off of Engineering Upgrade and I can't seem to remove its default animation, which oddly enough is the spiked-carapace model. The only place this model is referenced by the default spell is in it's buff, and even after I change the model there it doesn't affect it in game play. I've also attempted to change the buff completely and to have no buff for the spell but nothing seems to work. No animations are listed for anything in the spell itself so I really don't understand how its continuing to show in game. Any thoughts?

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Alot of spells have Animations you can't remove mate.

Like the Divine Shield.

Pick another spell, one that has an animation you can remove :)

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Strange, I thought Aghanim's Scepter in DotA uses the Engineering Upgrade but has a variety of different effects. So ... how do they do it there?

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
They probably use the 'Channel' Spell. That's the ability mostly used for spells that are triggered, though.

I'd suggest just doing that if you're having problems removing the effect.

Good luck!

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
They probably use the 'Channel' Spell. That's the ability mostly used for spells that are triggered, though.

I'd suggest just doing that if you're having problems removing the effect.

Good luck!

you dont know "Aghanim's Scepter" scepter do you ?
it passivly improves your ultimate (it will replace your ulti ability with a stronger one)

its quite hard to tell what goes wrong....
maybe you could upload your map ?

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
well Engineering Upgrade is hard coded. You cant remove the spiked carapace effect in the ability,

Try this:
when you learn the ability ( try basing it on Evasion with 0% ) remove the weaker abilities, let's say Storm Bolt 1, and add the stronger ability ( Storm Bolt 2 ) then set its level to the level of Storm Bolt 1

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
You need to add the stronger ability first and set the level before you remove it. :D Or else, there would no longer be a spell to base the level on.

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Strange, I thought Aghanim's Scepter in DotA uses the Engineering Upgrade but has a variety of different effects. So ... how do they do it there?

well Engineering Upgrade is hard coded. You cant remove the spiked carapace effect in the ability,

Try this:
when you learn the ability ( try basing it on Evasion with 0% ) remove the weaker abilities, let's say Storm Bolt 1, and add the stronger ability ( Storm Bolt 2 ) then set its level to the level of Storm Bolt 1

---> So in other words, #2 my second post ... You finally came to the conclusion :thup:

Charapanga

Reaction score
You can easily trigger it Like...

Events...
unit learns a skill
conditions
blablabla
Actions
Set Level = Level of ladida for Triggering unit
Remove Ladida from unit
Add Ladida(modified) to unit
set Ladida(modified) level to Level(variable)

Freehand, but that's hows its done

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Dota's scepter does give the spiked carapace arts... I haven't played in a long time, but it's probably still the same.

Spiked carapace only appears on units with the "Mount" attachment:

Archmage and similar models, , KotG and similar models, Pit Lord and similar models, Crypt Lord, basically units with 4 or more legs.

-->You can see the spikes on Leshrac and KotL, unless changes have been made.

G

Genesis8

Interesting, so what if I used a different model file? I'm currently using the 'ghostly archmage' model which of course has the mount classification. I suppose the easiest way around this is to choose another model file.

DioD

Reaction score
lolz///

Reimport this ugly spike models with null ones and no more effects.
Also you can keep standart models as imported to different path.
This will consume 20kb of map space.

You can "hack" dota with any mpq editor, extract all map data to wc3 folder and you will see all objects in editor as standart.

You do not need any tools to undo witrigizer, just copy values you need save and export.
Then delete dota data ofc.

Sadly there is no tutorials or other such related to map hacking in english.

You can learn a lot from dota and other "protected" maps.

Reaction score
Did you change remove the art from the default buff? Or did you make another and remove the art?

Because removing the art from the original buff should work, well it did for me at least....

Hazanko

Reaction score
Yes on some abilities it wont take a custom buff, so you have to modify the original buff.

I've had to change Avatar and Engineering Upgrade buff to suit my map since the base abilities wont accept a different buff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.