Request: 2 spells

swb90

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can recreate Degen Aura *the one in Dota* or teach me how to do it? I have a friend who needs it but has no idea how to do it.

Also he has a spell that he wishes to create based on the concept of Rupture. He wants it such that when the caster casts the spell, all units within the AoE of 600 will be added to a group. These units will have a counter on them and the moment they leave the region, they will be dealt dmg according to how long they have stayed in the region. He also said that the region must be with respect to the caster, so that if the caster is chasing the unit, the unit will never leave the region and hence will never be dealt the damage that the spell would inflict.

I hope someone can reply and give tips, if not do it for me. I do not know JASS so if you are going to give me tips and instructions on how to do it, please try to stick to GUI or provide the required JASS. Thanks alot.

P.S. The spells DO NOT have to be MUI as he will be removing the relevant heroes after they are selected *unique heroes on the entire map*

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
You not, not everyone plays DotA, so it would be nice if you described what the spell does. Also, I advice against copying spells from any map unless you have permission...

swb90

Reaction score
Hehe and I thought i was the only odd one out who dislike Dota. Degen Aura is basically a debuff that reduces the movement speed of nearby enemies by a certain % in an AoE. As its name states, it's an aura and hence a passive skill.

I'm not exactly copying. It's my friend who wants it but couldn't be bothered to join a forum just to post =) I'm doing it on his behalf. If there is going to be any issues regarding permission, that's for him to solve. I'm only helping him post his queries.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Degen Aura is very simple to make.

Simply go to, File > Prefs, and make sure "Allow real neg. values" box in ticked.

Then base your Degen Aura off of "Endurance Aura".
When you are modifying the Movespeed %'s, simply turn them into neg. values by initially pressing Shift + Enter.
That method will allow you to add certain numbers that aren't limited to that particular field of data.

Then you'll need to change the 'Targets Allowed' field to 'Enemy'.
Or whatever you want.

swb90

Reaction score
Degen Aura is very simple to make.

Simply go to, File > Prefs, and make sure "Allow real neg. values" box in ticked.

Then base your Degen Aura off of "Endurance Aura".
When you are modifying the Movespeed %'s, simply turn them into neg. values by initially pressing Shift + Enter.
That method will allow you to add certain numbers that aren't limited to that particular field of data.

Then you'll need to change the 'Targets Allowed' field to 'Enemy'.
Or whatever you want.

Is there a limit to the negative values that I can put in the field? my friend tried to put -40 but the maximum is -10 *i noticed the values are in decimal, so 0.5 in that field will be 0.5 x 100% which is 50%, right?*

Assuming my above guess is correct, the maximum speed increase/decrease is 10 x 100% which is 10000%?

swb90

Reaction score
Thanks alot!

Okay, that's one spell down.

How do i create the second spell that i mentioned above?

swb90

Reaction score
do you know how to do it? neither my friend nor i understand JASS, would appreciate it if you can do it for me. +rep of course =)

swb90

Reaction score
bumps? or should i tell my friend to give up on the spell since neither of us knows JASS

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.