Request your GUI spells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N(O.O)B

Reaction score
Ditto

The hero copies the enemy/friendly hero's base skills and abilities for 10/20/30 sec (along with their model). This also includes the hero's attributes. (idk about this one, but If the hero has low mana and copies a mage, it will be hard to incorporate that without copying the attributes as well).

1 min cooldown.

Note - the hero keeps their current items and level, etc.

Everything else to whomever creates this - let your imagination run free concerning effects and levels of the ability.

Thanks in advance.

If you still need this ability I've made it for you, it basically stores the Hero you target in a game cache, hides the Hero casting the spell and then restores the targeted Hero at the place where your hero stands. This is probably the only way to do this as (I think) there is no way to change the model of a unit once inside the game (nor the attack damage) :(. I've also prevented the cloned hero from gaining experience/picking up items, if you wish to have that changed (or need anything else) just ask me :D

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you still need this ability I've made it for you, it basically stores the Hero you target in a game cache, hides the Hero casting the spell and then restores the targeted Hero at the place where your hero stands. This is probably the only way to do this as (I think) there is no way to change the model of a unit once inside the game (nor the attack damage) :(. I've also prevented the cloned hero from gaining experience/picking up items, if you wish to have that changed (or need anything else) just ask me :D

You should store it in a hashtable, I think.

ZZY

Reaction score
Vicious Mirror

I would like the skill to create this effect around the caster http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/grandaura-50011/?prev=search=grand&d=list&r=20&t=8 and create 8 dummy units (one for easch point on the star) (the dummy units should be illidan "morphed" scaled to about .60) After this is created they all slide down into the \/ on there part of the star then merge into one dummy (the same, removing one is and leaving the other is fine).
s1.jpg

Then they shoiuld stay there maby a 1/2 second then they should all fly up above the caster's head and merge into one. (Removing all the dummies and making one new one that hovers and, spawning him above the casters head without any merging units is fine)

s1-1.jpg

stay here for a 1/2 sec
Then the dummy comes down on to the ground and the circle ( if you could make it get brighter till it dissapears, but if not I UNDERSTAND) it would have like a war stomp idea when the dummy hits the ground.

It would do damage both times the dummies slid.

Here is a video of the skill in the game i got the idea from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etjq1pg4EWE

Thanks in advance very much and if your not up to this tremendous challenge i understand ;)

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@ INCINERATE: Alright...that particular condition didn't work. I wasn't sure it would. However, I don't think you should simply request a waveform spell here, as you would get the same results / similar results. I really suggest you start a new thread with this problem (include the waveform triggers + the region move triggers) and I'm sure someone would help you modify the code to work properly.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I've finished Ultimate Defense. Seems to be MUI, and I'm making it leakless. Will upload soon.

Edit: Leakless as far as I can see. Should work fine. A few notes:

-> I've used the Paladin's Devotion Aura as the passive that triggers the spell effect. All you have to do is change Devotion Aura to some other spell in the triggers.

-> For the effect of the demonstration, I have also altered the AOE of duration aura to 600, so you can see which units are affected by Ultimate Defense when you test.

-> You will need the following variables:
Defenders -> Unit group variable
Randomizer -> Integer variable
Temp_point -> Point variable
Temp_point_2 -> Point variable

and here's the map:
View attachment [Spell Request]Ultimate Defense - Hildagarn.w3x

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Lol. I was wondering if it was finished :p. It's ok though, took me very little time and allowed me to test a few things I was unsure of.

Glenphir, update your first post! :p

Edit: You can use whichever one you want to...I don't mind.

dondonda

Reaction score
ok i have a few requests..

First spell i need is one that when i hero begins avatar ability the hero also has the ability to knockback any enemy it attacks while its in avatar.

I also need another knockback ability only with this one i need it to be so that the hero targets a unit with the knockback, then the unit gets knocked back and any units it hits will be damaged as well as the knocked unit.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
For Toss, please search the forums. I'm pretty sure it's done before (will post a link if I find it).
Edit: Found it

For the first spell. Do you have a name for it? Also, would simply adding greater bash to the unit whenever he casts avatar and remove it when avatar wears off work?

killbuzz

Reaction score
Triple Throw
(autocast)

each attack throws 3 (whatever missile model u want) dealing 5/10/15/20% of your current agility (showing a floating text like "+29" above the attacked unit
, it must work autocasting or not autocasting. just like the glaives of wisdom in dota (if you played it) but 3 times in an attack/cast

please do this i am making an DPS hero and this is the priority in him, thanks!

hint: you can use poison arrows and use its buff to make the dmg detection system.

Spell is done, as I said before there is no way for it be auto-cast. Finger of Death Lightning is used for the spell, if you'd like me to change it just say so. To import into your map, simply copy-paste the 2 spells, the custom unit, and lastly the trigger folder. :)

INCINERATE

Reaction score
@ INCINERATE: Alright...that particular condition didn't work. I wasn't sure it would. However, I don't think you should simply request a waveform spell here, as you would get the same results / similar results. I really suggest you start a new thread with this problem (include the waveform triggers + the region move triggers) and I'm sure someone would help you modify the code to work properly.

why would i get the same results? first of all the spell wasnt mui anyway.. and glenphir seems to be able to make all his spells mui .. and the fact i have had 0 problem with glens spell. i do think that if anyone could do it, GLEN can ..

let him answer if he doesn't want to do it, dont talk for other ppl.. like for e.g i notice you told that other guy to get toss else where, have you even tested the map you linked? it doesn't work ..says some kind of library error. and if you think ppl can fix that, they wouldn't need to be requesting spells in the first place...

Spell request if anybody can .

Mui -Waveform. the caster turns into a waterwave and dashs towards the target with water special effects damaging everything in its way.. upon reaching either the target or the ground target chosen, it will stop moving.

So basically its shockwave with the caster moving with it i thinks. ( if you do some sort of hiding hero in the trigger) see if its possible to not have it bugg for e.g say if i was to waterwave into a tavern region where it moves heros instantly.. i might end up never being able to select the hero again .

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
If Glenphir wants to do it, then I have no objections. As for toss....I suggested the webpage because it's been done before and I feel it's a waste of time if people do the same spells again and again. I think you need newgen for it, which is why the library error popped up for you (If it's in the approved section of resources, it generally works).

INCINERATE

Reaction score
i have new gen................. and resaved it in newgen........ it still would not work , anyway off topicness, thanks for trying to help .. i still put some +cred.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Copied from trigger:

Requires:
//* - "TT" trigger copied to your map, if not already there
//* - The "Toss" ability copied to your map
//* - A vJASS Preprocessor

INCINERATE

Reaction score
that would make sense if i even tried to copy the spell to my map..

all i did was press test map on the original linked map, and it didn't work . are you going to say that the Original map for the testing doesn't already have that stuff in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.