Resurrection Help

C

Chele

I bet he spent about half an hour making those triggers for you... you better use them :p.
P.S.: +RP to Malto1 for his willingness to help others ;) !

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kingsqeerel said:
It's just REALLY intimidating. All your triggers make me really confused. :eek:

Just do your best and post here if you get a problem on something. Try learning on your own while doing this too :) Understanding...

Ambeco

Reaction score
Variables make life hard for newbies. Easist way is to create a revive region for each player at the starting stone.

EVENT: Player one types "-bind" as an exact match
CONDITION: number of units in unit group (units in region at (position of triggering unit) with radius 600 matching (unit type of (matching unit) is revival stone)) greater than or equal to 1
ACTION: Center revive point "P1rev" at position of triggering unit

you need one for each player. Then:

EVENT: unit dies
CONDITION: unit is hero equals true
CONDITION: player is player one(red)
ACTION: revive hero at "p1rev"
ACTION: set experience for (triggering unit) to ((experience of (triggering unit)) * .9)

also one for each player. This way requires no arrays. (on the other hand, requires 12 triggers total.)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ambeco said:
Variables make life hard for newbies. Easist way is to create a revive region for each player at the starting stone.

EVENT: Player one types "-bind" as an exact match
CONDITION: number of units in unit group (units in region at (position of triggering unit) with radius 600 matching (unit type of (matching unit) is revival stone)) greater than or equal to 1
ACTION: Center revive point "P1rev" at position of triggering unit

you need one for each player. Then:

EVENT: unit dies
CONDITION: unit is hero equals true
CONDITION: player is player one(red)
ACTION: revive hero at "p1rev"
ACTION: set experience for (triggering unit) to ((experience of (triggering unit)) * .9)

also one for each player. This way requires no arrays. (on the other hand, requires 12 triggers total.)

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. You know what is the worst thing ? Realizing you did [What You Did Up There, one trigger per player] and that now in the same map you start using arrays and variables. You realize you can't use variables and arrays. Why ? Because your entire system works with 1 player = 1 trigger, 6 players = 6 triggers.

I lived it and I want other to live without it. Even if it's too complicated for him, at least he will have a system using arrays, saving him hours of work when he will learn how.

I suggest you read arrays tutorials also ! :p

Ambeco

Reaction score
Variables make life hard for newbies. Easist way is...
I'm well aware of how to use variables and arrays. I simply offerered an alternative method to use until he learns how to use them. I personally would go with an array of regions for the revive points, but basically the same as what I posted.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.