World Robot attacked Swedish factory worker

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A Swedish company has been fined 25,000 kronor ($3,000) after a malfunctioning robot attacked and almost killed one of its workers at a factory north of Stockholm.

Public prosecutor Leif Johansson mulled pressing charges against the firm but eventually opted to settle for a fine.

"I've never heard of a robot attacking somebody like this," he told news agency TT.

The incident took place in June 2007 at a factory in Bålsta, north of Stockholm, when the industrial worker was trying to carry out maintenance on a defective machine generally used to lift heavy rocks. Thinking he had cut off the power supply, the man approached the robot with no sense of trepidation.

Last edited:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
This has skynet written all over it.

You wish:p

I think that it is just ridiculous that he should fine them beacuse he made the misstake of not turning of the power.

As the maintenance guy it is his duty to check that it indeed is powered down.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
But he thought it was powered down.

The whole title is misleading...I thought this news is about a guy almost getting killed by a "robot", not a mechanical rock lifting machine...

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
First thing that came to my mind was ED-209 :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You turn on the machine or walk up to it... it kills you. Like it was programmed to do it. An industrial accident maybe, skynet a possibility. TH.net news!

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
You turn on the machine or walk up to it... it kills you. Like it was programmed to do it. An industrial accident maybe, skynet a possibility. TH.net news!

Its only TH.net news because everyone on this site has an inner robot deep down inside that tell them every day "DESTROY MANKIND" :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.