Rotating Terrain

Ben

Reaction score
I've just found out - after terraining the whole map, I've done it the wrong way round :( . The whole map needs rotating 90deg to the right.
How would I go about doing this? IS there a way?
In game I could use a custom camera which would make it look the "right" way round but the minimap would be impossible to use, and it would cause a ton of other problems.

I NEED HELP!
Thankyou :D

E

Eilhal

that I know of there is no way to do that.. but I'd still wait for a response from someone who knows a little bit more about this stuff then me :p

Ben

Reaction score
I was worried someone would say that :( . I can still hope that someone has some mad way :D

I

iNsaNe

Create a default camera view and rotate it 90 degrees so it looks as if you're looking the right way. But the minimap.. I have no other suggestion.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
You can select the entire terrain, use "copy", then edit: rotate, and paste it back.
Repeat with the doodads.

It may not fit exactly but it certainly beats starting over.

Note that you can "undo" after pasting if needed.

I

iNsaNe

Wow, sorry, I did not read your last post I basically copied it.

Ben

Reaction score
Ty ACEHART! Am trying it now - will inform :D

Worked to a certain extent, but all the pasting was impossible to align, so could only copy and paste in parts which is gonna take AGES :(

C

crazedcougar

inorder to paste centered, go to a menu and hit "view entre map"

seems you need to take a good look around all the niches and crannies of the editor.

AceHart

Reaction score
A much larger view of the map certainly helps.
And, if you select the entire terrain at once (edit: select all) you really only need to correctly align one corner, the rest will fit in.

Ben

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are more problems - things get in the way of each other. When turning doodads, units got in the way, and the reciprocal for units. Terrain caused more problems also - if done first, lots of items were lost since unplaceable but when done last, units and doodads were at times unplaceable. :( Ty for helping though - +rep :)

AceHart

Reaction score
File: New map.
Copy, rotate and paste your terrain, then the doodads and units into the new map.
Then copy & paste it back without worries of "unplacable".

E

Eilhal

Wow... That's why I always look for threads AceHart has posted in :p I always learn something new :p :D

600 posts!! :D

AceHart

Reaction score
To the right of each post, in the dark header line, is some white balance / scale thing.
Select either "good" reputation or "bad" reputation, some comment... done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.