Other Sharpshooter Online - |Map of the Week #2|

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Yes, using handles they are usable in multiplayer, however to my knowledge theres no way to destroy a trackable... so I think with constant movement of players, the trackable count would quickly add up so I am staying away from them for now. Feel free to correct me on it if you have information proving otherwise, its just from what I currently understand.

Anyway, just a little update not much to say but the shotgun filters have been finished and the triggers are now being created. Considering the new movement, I will probably post a mini-test map strictly for test purposes and see what people think should be changed or improved to make maneuvering easier. Not sure when, but once I get the revised camera system done, it will be ready for testing.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I'm serious just abuse the right click feature...use it to turn the camera..if u right click towards a point make the camera pan to that angle slowly like if you were turning your head....

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
I'm serious just abuse the right click feature...use it to turn the camera..if u right click towards a point make the camera pan to that angle slowly like if you were turning your head....

This has already been attempted, while it worked, it was not necessarily feasible because while you could simply right click anywhere and it would look exactly where you clicked, your cursor would not be at the center of the screen causing it to make it easily confusing where your clicking and an off balance feeling.

On another note, thought I might just go ahead and take a quick few screenshots of progress. The gun filters are not exactly high quality but I want to keep this map below 3 megabytes. The map resides in a mine, the environment will be the same but most likely the level will be remodeled a few times until the paths and rooms transition smoothly. The game mode itself has not been created yet, there are still a lot of bugs to fix again but framerate will no longer decrease with each player like it does in Sharpshooter.

Also, with the use of Listchecker's lan-to-bnet hosting ability, arrow key delay can be lowered at a drastic rate but WASD tapping is still too difficult for some. Its not impossible to kill someone, just its no mouse and click shooter and people will have to deal with it or not play it. I have decided to work on everything else and come back to it near a testable version and see what anyone who plays prefers.

wipit8.jpg

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
looks very nice! the shotgun is also smaller as the sniper rifle so the players can see more of the map xD

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
If you haven't did this yet, you should make the beams destructible. And, if they die make a cave-in or something if too many are killed.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
I dont know when there will be a beta for this new map, if there is a beta it will be a very short period of just bug testing. Since this is for the most part a one man team, the map progression is slower than it should be. Sharpshooter Online will no longer be under development. I intended it to get past beta, but quickly realized it strayed too far away from what I originally started creating, a simple but fun shooter that can be played with buddies online without the tedious precision aiming Sharpshooter required.

On a more development related note, I am in need of some suggestion input at the moment. The level design is finally getting somewhere and I want to know what kind of things you might see in a cave/gold mine that you think should be implemented or any idea that might still relate to the realm of cave/gold mine warfare.

Thanks

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Wow wow! Nice work, but as usual, I have to criticise. ;)

In normal mode (not the aiming mode), could you add a small crosshair in the middle of the screen? It's very difficult if you didn't, because I have to press A everything I want to shoot someone which is only a few inches away from me (yes, I did miss).

Another thing is, the breath is too low.

Well, actually that's it. Great map! :]

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Looks rreally good and id love to help and so would many others u dont have to go it alone...

sidove

Reaction score
GREAT MAP 2000/10!!:D:D should really be cool if you could drive vehicles :thup::thup::thup:

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Wow wow! Nice work, but as usual, I have to criticise. ;)

In normal mode (not the aiming mode), could you add a small crosshair in the middle of the screen? It's very difficult if you didn't, because I have to press A everything I want to shoot someone which is only a few inches away from me (yes, I did miss).

Another thing is, the breath is too low.

Well, actually that's it. Great map! :]
He's currently making A WHOLE NEW SHARPSHOOTER ONLINE so he isn't going to do that I bet.

>sidove: Crouch may not be implemented because he probably wants to save space with not using any custom models as much as possible.

bradleo

Reaction score
This map is the best map made for warcraft! Thank you so much for making it tricky!!!!!! I'm a big fan!!! Are you still working on this map? (gold mine one):):):):thup::thup::thup::thup::D:D:D

Troll

Reaction score
The map is pretty well done imo, but the arrows keys are a problem, the camera is just moving like a robot, maybe you could make it so it foloows the mouse? i am having an idea, see, how about creating an unit a dummy unit every x seconds and making the mouse click that unit? or moving the camera to it, maybe you could give it some realism.

bradleo

Reaction score
Well he needs to make it not lag, b.net compatible, and he cant use any 3rd party programs or people without them cant play it... im thinking using mouse would create lag or would move slow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.