Other Sharpshooter Online - |Map of the Week #2|

Troll

Reaction score
Well he needs to make it not lag, b.net compatible, and he cant use any 3rd party programs or people without them cant play it... im thinking using mouse would create lag or would move slow.

Without mouse moving, the game play is slow and dumb, but no doubt that it looks great.

bradleo

Reaction score
Without mouse moving, the game play is slow and dumb, but no doubt that it looks great.
Well you can switch the speed with one of the buttons, i forgot which one though. Anyways its on warcraft and its an original idea imo.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Hey banlord help test this map... 2 minutes later after getting bored, ''AH I CANT SEE, I CANT SEE!''

ah the good old days... (only banlord/me/azure will understand that comment above)

anyway, I dont think im ever going to finish the gold mine thing. The shotgun itself was nearly 100% complete and everything for it was fully functional but fitting it into a map that fit the theme was impossible so I gave up. I am extremely busy with college at the moment and havent had any time to work on anything since my last update but I will probably update the beta map sometime this weekend with the new controls and the lag problem fixed. As long as the host is using ListChecker through LAN and then connects to Bnet there should be less lag and delay. Framerate has been improved somewhat as well and will be able to handle all 10 players most likely depending on your computer. Sharpshooter Online BETA 1.2 will be the last update as far as BETA goes as I am only working on it soon upon request of a group of individuals. As far as I am concerned, if the next update works alot better online and the new controls are likeable, I will most likely remove the BETA and if I ever decide to work on the map later it will be updates from that. BETA was intended only for playability testing and was prolonged horribly from being too busy.

bradleo

Reaction score
HURRAY FOR THE NEW RELEASE OF THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D You just made my day.:):):thup::thup: Can u release a beta of unfinished gold mine or is it unplayable?:p Either way, thanks Tricky!

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Hey banlord help test this map... 2 minutes later after getting bored, ''AH I CANT SEE, I CANT SEE!''

ah the good old days... (only banlord/me/azure will understand that comment above)

anyway, I dont think im ever going to finish the gold mine thing. The shotgun itself was nearly 100% complete and everything for it was fully functional but fitting it into a map that fit the theme was impossible so I gave up. I am extremely busy with college at the moment and havent had any time to work on anything since my last update but I will probably update the beta map sometime this weekend with the new controls and the lag problem fixed. As long as the host is using ListChecker through LAN and then connects to Bnet there should be less lag and delay. Framerate has been improved somewhat as well and will be able to handle all 10 players most likely depending on your computer. Sharpshooter Online BETA 1.2 will be the last update as far as BETA goes as I am only working on it soon upon request of a group of individuals. As far as I am concerned, if the next update works alot better online and the new controls are likeable, I will most likely remove the BETA and if I ever decide to work on the map later it will be updates from that. BETA was intended only for playability testing and was prolonged horribly from being too busy.

Lol, that joke I pulled on you guys was epic. Can't believe you fell for it :D

bradleo

Reaction score
Hey Tricky, whenever you see this message it will remind you to post the new update you promised this weekend.:p

(also bump because this map pwns)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
^_^ sorry, but college comes before anything else and its been hectic lately so i will have an update out when i have a week to get it finished. mainly the game modes are what is left which requires restructuring of all the nonshooting oriented coding so it takes some work.

bradleo

Reaction score
K, I don't really care when, as long as I know the update is coming.:thup:
Thank you for replying!:D

bradleo

Reaction score
*Reminder* Please post updated map.
Or reply if you are busy, I still like your work! :)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Alright, so I didnt intend on posting the map yet since its currently in the debugging stage but to help speed up the process of getting all the bugs fixed I am going to go ahead and post the map to download. This map is open source meaning you can open it up but is not guaranteed to be working 100% nor stable as it is the early testing stage of version 1.2 of non beta.

Anyone who may download the new version or test it will notice some big changes and a lot of smaller changes so comment what you think about it and any bugs that may have risen. If hosting online or even a friend or two, I highly suggest using List Checker to host starting through LAN and typing the /hostbnet command to allow players online to join your game and see it on the custom maps otherwise there will be quite a bit of lag.

Download - Here (v1.20b is latest update)

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
well, the newest update should improve the framerate quite a bit as it no longer dips when an additional player joins and a full house is now fully playable through LC. if you have a really old computer you can try running in a lower resolution or turning down some of your video settings such as texture, shadows, and particles. I myself have an average pc and i get atleast 30 frames per second at all times nomatter how many players.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Update-

Looking for specific individuals interested in participating in a 10 player stress match also being used as a recording session for a new showcase video. If you are interested post below but only if you have some interest in this map and have patience to get through the learning curve of the controls. It is also a good idea to have a pretty good internet connection or else it is going to be difficult for you to play. I have no set date or time yet but it would be sometime this week if I can get any people.

The match will be approximately 30 minutes as will the video but I havent decided entirely how I am going to record it yet. The reason I am requesting members here is a public match results in too many people leaving due to not understanding how to play therefor I would suggest anyone who may want to play to be sure and get used to the new controls beforehand while I will work on getting the host (me) or someone better that will result in the smoothest possible game.

Again, please post below if you are interested... I will need 9 people to help verify the playability as well as recording it for a video. I could also use some help or suggestions by anyone who is good at putting together videos after it is recorded. I will most likely save it as a replay so that all 10 players can be shuffled through (I think?). And then simply fraps that so it will record smoother than if I simply played with FRAPS running the whole game.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Interested but can you put the Video Date to Saturday EST?
or
Can I just submit a gameplay video to put into your vid?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I can probably do it if it's sometime on this weekend, I'm getting a new power-pack for my computer on Friday.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.