Skin path help!!

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Whats the skin path for TFT's siege engine?? I though it was "Units\Human\WarWagon\SiegeEngine.blp" but that doesnt seem to work...

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The model for my siege engine says units\human\WarWagon\WarWagon.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
thats the model path but i think the skin path you are looking for is Textures\Steamtank.blp

go download yourself a copy of warcraft 3 viewer, you can open models directly from the game .mpq with that and find there paths easily.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Thanks, I will try the suggested paths.

go download yourself a copy of warcraft 3 viewer, you can open models directly from the game .mpq with that and find there paths easily.
I thought thats what I did. I was tired, it was at night, so maybe I screwed up someplace.

EDIT: None of them worked! I still need help...

P.S "Textures\Steamtank.blp" worked, but for RoC not TFT

Daskunk

Reaction score
bump_signs.jpg

Heres the skin, if anyone can get it to work on TFT's siege engine, tell me..

Attachments

• SiegeEngine.TGA
    257 KB · Views: 107
  • SiegeEngine2.blp
    63.4 KB · Views: 108

MurderMode

Reaction score
I opened the warcraft tft mpq this time and this is the path I got for the siege engine -

units\Human\WarWagon\SiegeEngine.blp ....

The one you said didnt work. lol, I see your problem now...

Could it be that on the siege engine unit you are using this skin, do you need to click 'the frozen throne' check box in the 'art - model file - extra versions' stat?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I opened the warcraft tft mpq this time and this is the path I got for the siege engine -

Could it be that on the siege engine unit you are using this skin, do you need to click 'the frozen throne' check box in the 'art - model file - extra versions' stat?

Yes, the path you specified should work because the one Squishy posted was:

units\human\WarWagon\WarWagon.blp You put SiegeEngine thus they are different, so it should work. ;)

Daskunk

Reaction score

Look at my first post. Thats what I was using.

"do you need to click 'the frozen throne' check box in the 'art - model file - extra versions' "

Allready have.

MurderMode

Reaction score
I know that is what you were using, it just triggered me to think about the tft model version.

The only way I can get your skin to work is if I put it to the RoC skin path 'Textures\Steamtank.blp' and change the model version to the RoC one. Nothing I have tried can get the skin to stick to the TfT siege engine.

Unless.... you want to also import the tft siege engine model with the custom skin path I put in. Then you can get it to work.

View attachment 20763

Just import this into the game, and on your skin put the skin path 'textures\icewagon.blp'.

Oh, and ofcourse change the siege engine model to this custom one. You are probably going to want to change the skin for the bird head too, coz its all gold and looks out of place.

Daskunk

Reaction score
Unless.... you want to also import the tft siege engine model with the custom skin path I put in. Then you can get it to work.

View attachment 20763

Just import this into the game, and on your skin put the skin path 'textures\icewagon.blp'.
I was allready doing somthing like that... I did it late at night so I screwed up on that I think. I got it working in map editor, but not ingame.

You are probably going to want to change the skin for the bird head too, coz its all gold and looks out of place.
Pah. I did that years ago, and got it working on the tft tank ingame easly. :cool:

Thanks for your help, +rep.

EDIT: I need to edit some things on the model as well, When I try to edit your model it it gives and error.

Attachments

• Halp.jpg
    Halp.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 108

MurderMode

Reaction score
yeah that error is because the model has it's skin path changed from the one in the .mpq file. If you can possibly add the skin to the .mpq then it should work, but I don't recommend screwing with it and risk possible corruption.

Instead, just extract and edit the original model file, get an .mdx to .mdl conversion program and convert the model to .mdl, open the .mdl with notepad and change the original skin path to a custom one. You can call it anything, ie 'textures/icewagon.blp'. After you have done that you just convert it back to .mdx and import it into the game as per usual.

View attachment 20898

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.