System SpacebarDetection

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't see how I am doing that, it's not in a local block.

JASS:
local integer i = 0
        local real x
        local real y
        local integer c
        local boolean b
        loop
            exitwhen i > COUNT
            set b = GetLocalPlayer() == P<i>
            set c = GetPlayerId(P<i>)
            if b then
                set x = GetCameraTargetPositionX()
                set y = GetCameraTargetPositionY()
            endif
            if x == X[c] and y == Y[c] then
                if TriggerEvaluate(T<i>) and IsTriggerEnabled(T<i>) then
                    call TriggerExecute(T<i>)
                endif
            endif</i></i></i></i></i>

Player(0) press the bar

First iteration, Player(0) red.

For Player(0) computer b == true, (x == X[c] and y == Y[c]) == true -> trigger evaluated/executed

For Player(1) computer b == false, (x == X[c] and y == Y[c]) == false -> trigger not evaluated/executed

Nice desynch.
Well, I succesfully added custom spacebar points (will release after I fix everything else).
And i'm pretty sure it can fail very easily, i think you have not understood what i wanted to mean.

Reaction score
Player(0) press the bar

First iteration, Player(0) red.

For Player(0) computer b == true, (x == X[c] and y == Y[c]) == true -> trigger evaluated/executed

For Player(1) computer b == false, (x == X[c] and y == Y[c]) == false -> trigger not evaluated/executed

Nice desynch.

I still don't see how that desyncs, but since your the second person to say that it does..

Just because the Trigger isn't evaluated?

And idea on how to make it not?

And i'm pretty sure it can fail very easily, i think you have not understood what i wanted to mean.

Well, what did you want to mean :p

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Just because the Trigger isn't evaluated?
Is it a joke ?
Even if you can locally evaluate an empty trigger without a desynch (which i'm not sure) it's really easy to have many cases will make one, if you create/destroy handle(s) inside the condition, change a variable value and then later use it to create/destroy handle(s), open a new thread ...

And idea on how to make it not?
The only way is to synch local data with synch natives, which is very slow and so it will fail for you.

Well, what did you want to mean :p
The war3 engine change by itself the quick bar position sometimes, in special cases, or let's say events, like i've said.
And yes ofc those events override the SetCameraQuickPosition native.

Reaction score
The war3 engine change by itself the quick bar position sometimes, in special cases, or let's say events, like i've said.

Well, do those events override the SetCameraQuickPosition native?

Even if you can locally evaluate an empty trigger without a desynch (which i'm not sure) it's really easy to have many cases will make one.

I'm so confused...
Are you trying to say that a null trigger being evaluated will cause a desync?

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
See my edit, about evaluate an empty trigger i want mean a created trigger with events or not, it doesn't matter but with no conditions and actions.

Maybe it won't desynch but i'm not sure, in fact you need to test yourself.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Regardless of whether or not the trigger itself being evaluated desyncs, everything in that triggers actions/conditions will be very desync unfriendly.
So no handles will be able to be created, etc.
Also, all the actions will only run for one player.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
Regardless of whether or not the trigger itself being evaluated desyncs, everything in that triggers actions/conditions will be very desync unfriendly.
Meh i guess it's much clearer than my explanations :D

Reaction score

I'm so confused :mad:

I'm going to try and decipher that..

And yes ofc those events override the SetCameraQuickPosition native.

So my system will fail if one of those events occurs, and the player presses the spacebar within 0.03 seconds?

Seems pretty safe to me, depending on which events those are.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Meh i guess it's much clearer than my explanations
I don't think your explanation could get any clearer.
Happy still doesn't understand. =|

We were explaining two different cases too.

Troll-Brain

Reaction score
So my system will fail if one of those events occurs, and the player presses the spacebar within 0.03 seconds?

Yes and no :p
If it's a one-player game then yes you're right, but the user won't be able to define the spacebar position (doesn't really matter honestly).
But anyway if it only happens only few times during the game it's still too much lame for submit it, imho.

Seems pretty safe to me, depending on which events those are.
It run at least when a building is under attack, you know when you heard the void "warning we are under attacked", or something like that, and the minimap is pinged.

Now let's explain more why it will fail if there are more than 1 player.

GetCameraTargetPositionX/Y returns a local value, it can be different for each player's computer, so you need to synch these local datas before using like you want.
The bad point, is that the synch natives are slow, i don't remember the value but it's at least more than 0.3 s and the delay should also matter .

Just forget this idea, at least for a multiplayer game.

Reaction score
What I don't get is how this is happenening.

I mean other systems use the same method as me (check enabled, evaluate, execute)

And they work fine, whats causing it?

This is so confusing -_-

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
You only set x and y for one player, so they have different values for each player. Setting x and y for a single player's camera position does literally that, it does not set everyone's x and y var to be that value. Therefore evaluating anything based on those variables will return either true or false, depending on which player you are. Therefore, it's a local block. o.o

You execute triggers in a local block... o.o

Reaction score
You only set x and y for one player, so they have different values for each player. Setting x and y for a single player's camera position does literally that, it does not set everyone's x and y var to be that value. Therefore evaluating anything based on those variables will return either true or false, depending on which player you are. Therefore, it's a local block. o.o

You execute triggers in a local block... o.o

Ah, thanks for that.

what a shame -_-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.