Specific damage boosting aura?

Mezion

Reaction score
Could an aura that boost a specific type of damage (like hero, chaos, etc.) be done? And if so, does it involve high JASS skills? I'm kind of curious about this. I see how it would greatly help my map but it seems quite hard for me.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
what damage is to HP; is what type of damage is to armor...
there is no specific aura that would create more damage for certain type of damage types...

but...

if you wanted to increase all unit's normal damage by +20, you could

events: a unit comes within 300 range of (a variable unit/a preset unit)
conditions: owner of triggering unit is an ally to owner of (variable unit/preset unit)
actions: add damage??? try using unit properties system

Durandal

Reaction score
No, the aura does not exist

It might(I stress the might) be doable with JASS or vJASS but somehow I doubt it

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
i think if you try hard enough, it is possible... there are damage type variables...

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Quite possible with GUI.

A periodic (every 1 second), should check unit-types and wheter or not the unit has a specific buff (boolean). If both are true, award the unit with the damage aura in a form of a command aura (item skill) that is hidden, or a damage bonus if you want a flat bonus.

Medeam

Reaction score
Well it seems he wants the direct way of detecting attack types which is challengeing to make in gui...

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
It is, but it's the same since unit-type=attack type for that unit. Hence, no need to do it the other way around if you can just check the unit types.

Mezion

Reaction score
to answer, there's a load of unit lol. It's a pokemon map, so far, I made 138 of them <_<
There's some ability like "Rain dance" for exemple that create a rain for some time, that boost water pokemon damage (hero damage in my map). That was what I was aiming to do.

SaintMorose

Reaction score
yeah if in GUI best bet is probably create an unit-type array for each unit-type that would have the same damage-type or element in your case. You can use that to do any comparison checks.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
to answer, there's a load of unit lol. It's a pokemon map, so far, I made 138 of them <_<
There's some ability like "Rain dance" for exemple that create a rain for some time, that boost water pokemon damage (hero damage in my map). That was what I was aiming to do.

It shouldn't be too difficult. Whichever Dex you're making, there isn't gonna be more than 30 pokemon for each type (e.g for sunny day etc.). You're best bet is to just put them all in arrays.

ALTERNATIVELY: You can use a Damage Detect System (like GDD). Check if the unit has Rain Dance. If it does deal more damage by using the nifty variables from GDD. Same goes for anything else. This is an okay system as well ^^

Dirac

Reaction score
Well you can add a list of units you know have the attack type of your preference

E - Unit takes damage
C - Unit type of damage source equal to X and Damage source has Aurabuff equal to true
A - Set life of unit to (life of unit - (damage done*0.1)

However, spell damage also receive the bonus

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well you can add a list of units you know have the attack type of your preference

E - Unit takes damage
C - Unit type of damage source equal to X and Damage source has Aurabuff equal to true
A - Set life of unit to (life of unit - (damage done*0.1)

However, spell damage also receive the bonus

Unit takes damage is a specific unit function, it won't work in the long run. That's why i suggested the GDD, but you're trigger is very similiar to the one you would get in GDD.

Also, now that i mention GDD, since there aren't 17 attack types in WC3, how are you going about in doing that? It could be done with GDD ofcourse (triggering super effective and not very effective attacks) but it would be very tedious and require a lot of time to do xD

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
There is a short and simple work-around if you're not using the cargo ability (Zeppelins) in your map. If you wish for auras to work for a specific type of unit, you can use the "Suicidal" classification for the units you wish to benefit from the aura.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.