SPELL CONTEST #2 | Theme: Forbidden Arts | RESULTS POSTED

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
by the way, after using this spell for the contest, may I improvise it for the better in the future?

example, to use it for a spell pack or a map.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
3rd update is done.
It'll be well done for the thread-closing.

But if there's a plenty of time left, I'll give the 4th update.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Comment on No_exit's Shadow Walk:
  • If you start to "Imprison" a unit and he walks away (gets out of 'range') your hero will blink back to the cage but the unit you're trying to imprison will not
  • Might want to make that floating text a different color, it's confusing since red is associated with critical's

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Balefire completed and posted, enjoy

Randor244

Reaction score
Looking really good (havn't tried it yet, just taken a look at the post).

Though I think is should have some consequences, just like in the WoD books...

No_exit

Regular User (What is Custom User Title?)
Reaction score
If you start to "Imprison" a unit and he walks away (gets out of 'range') your hero will blink back to the cage but the unit you're trying to imprison will not
I tried to reconstruct it and the imprison spell fails when the target gets out of range but the hero will not teleport back like you experienced. (Maybe the spell ran out of time when you tried it?)

Might want to make that floating text a different color, it's confusing since red is associated with critical's
Ok, I'll change it to Dark Blue which should suit the icons better.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :thup:.

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Baelfire is a Great spell, thought i wasted my time playing the map, since i just stayed in the map, cuz i wanted 6 of the +12 weapons, but ehmm, whateva, nice spell :p

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
doh, I guess it's impossible to do a balefire that undoes all actions of the units (e.g. healing).

Just one thing: It doesn't work against banished units

Randor244

Reaction score
doh, I guess it's impossible to do a balefire that undoes all actions of the units (e.g. healing).

But since the very fabric of reality get's destroyed when using balefire in WoT, maybe something should happen on the whole map, more and more, the more Balefire is used?

And at last, if it's used too much, well, there you go, the end of the world ;)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
you ppl ask too much, it took me long enough just to make it the way it is

Randor244

Reaction score
Heh, at least I didn't ask for anything, it was simply suggestions :)

And yeah, it looks really cool. It feels good to have at least some WoT fans around here :D

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Look like it's time to close the submission thread!

Thank you and good luck to all participants!

Stay tuned for results.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
aw cr*p I've discovered a nasty bug in my spell... :banghead:
school didn't gave me time to finish the spell completely

too bad I can't update it anymore :(

Randor244

Reaction score
That's life :(

And just look at me, school didn't gave me time to finish my spell at all :p

What was the bug? ;)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
What was the bug?

when you cast the spell with multiple units and all spirits have the same target the unsummon special effect wont be destroyed until you cast the spell next time
the bug probably appeared after I've redone my spell

but I'm pretty sure that's not the only bug :p

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Are you going to merge the submissions with the Submissions forum once the contest are over, or do each particpant who want to submit their submission have to do that themself?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
@ Tom Jones:
Submissions Forum = Tutorials and Resources?
If so, then the latter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.