SPELL CONTEST #2 | Theme: Forbidden Arts | RESULTS POSTED

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
a lot of the spells may not be submission forum ready

Triax

Reaction score
I've been working on a spell the whole last week, and now I missed to submit it. Doh! :banghead:

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Dinowc, how come you use WEU functions?? Can't you just use Custom Script rather then using the actions:

Point - Remove (Location)
Unit Group - Destroy (Group)....

?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, I have those actions, and I don't have WEU. I have UMSWE enabled for reasons I don't recall.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Well, my WE, NewGen (with Integrate WEU Disabled) doesn't load his map, its gets undeclared function "removeLocation", "DestroyGroup"...

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Dinowc, how come you use WEU functions?? Can't you just use Custom Script rather then using the actions:

Point - Remove (Location)
Unit Group - Destroy (Group)....

?

well because I don't know how to remove some "Point[Integer A]" with a custom script... it will probably give me bad grades :(
how do I write "For Integer A" in JASS?
I don't know why did I even made it MUI using Integer A loop.. using groups would be better and it would probably have less or no bugs at all.. well it was my first spell contest and I'm pretty sure next one will be much better

if you want, you can take the map and edit it as you want

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
Actually I used to learn JASS conversion by adding a broken custom script nearby the ones you want to convert.
Trigger:
  • Custom Script: calld bROKEN
or whatever that is not right, then uncheck the option 'Enabled' on the trigger options. (somewhere above events)
then check again. The trigger will refuse to be enabled. Then the system will give you a message. There you'll get the preview of a script language that is selected and broken, which was your Custom Script. There you can see some GUI converted to JASS by scrolling up or down from the custom script.

Ah whatsoever...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Well, I feel stupid. I assumed the fact that it was highlighted purple meant I spelled it right.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
So far, I have graded 14 submissions, Romek and GooS are doing well, also.

Please be patient.

As an estimate, I think the results will be revealed on friday.

But I haven't had a chat with the co-judges today, so, we'll see.

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So far I have graded 14 submissions, Romek and GooS are doing well also.

Please be patient.

As an estimate, I think the results will be revealed on friday. But I haven't had a chat with co-judges today, so, we'll see.

Hmm, interesant, throught i know i wont win :)
(50 bucks, and i win? ;P)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
wow you guys are fast - Ace and I only had 7 submissions to grade and it took us almost a month

actually - it only took me a few hours, but it took me 3 weeks to find those few hours, lol

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
How come when I place all spells in a folder, only like 5/14 (?) of them appear, I had to rename them so they would appear or something.......

Also, for the next contest, can you get people to name the spells instead of "Just another Warcraft III map"... it's somwhat annoying (well to me) and include author name?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.