Spell Request Jinada GUI

hiyazaki09

Reaction score
Passively adds a critical strike and maim to Bounty Hunter's next attack, has a cooldown.
Level 1 - 1.4x critical multiplier, 25% movement and attack speed slow
Level 2 - 1.6x critical multiplier, 25% movement and attack speed slow.
Level 3 - 1.8x critical multiplier, 25% movement and attack speed slow.
Level 4 - 2.0x critical multiplier, 25% movement and attack speed slow.
Duration: 3
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: 21/16/11/6

thnx:thup:

Never_Quit

Reaction score
metroid_prime_1.jpg

You just want the triggers right?

Does it have 100% hit rate? (solely based off of cooldown?)

Start with a dummy ability that has levels 4 levels looks the way you want probably based on curse with autocast different picture of course, unless there is a better way to do it.

Create 4 levels of the same abilities you mentioned:
crit strike (must have 100% hit rates on this ability)
maim (also 100% hit on this)
Make sure there is a poison slow or ice passive ability available for this spell.

Create a dummy unit with all of the spells and each level of spell.

Trigger:
  • Super Passive-ish ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to CurseDummyAbility
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set tempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set tempAbility = (Created Crit Strike)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Triggering player) at tempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add (tempAbility) to (Last created unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of (Ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 2 to (Level of for (Triggering unit)), do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Increase level of (tempAbility) for (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
      • Set tempAbility = (Created Maim)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Set tempAbility = (Created Ice,Slow,Poison,Cripple)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
      • Animation - Reset (Triggering unit)'s animation
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s spell animation
      • Animation - Queue (Triggering unit)'s stand animation

If you want to add a random chance of the ability to work, it will require another trigger.
The dummy unit will need to be able to attack and have a model of NONE and be invulnerable or targeted as locust.

The primary problem with this setup would be that currently this skill would take up an active ability slot.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
metroid_prime_1.jpg

You just want the triggers right?

Does it have 100% hit rate? (solely based off of cooldown?)

Start with a dummy ability that has levels 4 levels looks the way you want probably based on curse with autocast different picture of course, unless there is a better way to do it.

Create 4 levels of the same abilities you mentioned:
crit strike (must have 100% hit rates on this ability)
maim (also 100% hit on this)
Make sure there is a poison slow or ice passive ability available for this spell.

Create a dummy unit with all of the spells and each level of spell.

Trigger:
  • Super Passive-ish ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to CurseDummyAbility
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set tempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set tempAbility = (Created Crit Strike)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Triggering player) at tempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Set tempAbility = (Created Maim)
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions
      • Set tempAbility = (Created Ice,Slow,Poison,Cripple)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempPoint)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop
      • Animation - Reset (Triggering unit)'s animation
      • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s spell animation
      • Animation - Queue (Triggering unit)'s stand animation

If you want to add a random chance of the ability to work, it will require another trigger.
The dummy unit will need to be able to attack and have a model of NONE and be invulnerable or targeted as locust.

The primary problem with this setup would be that currently this skill would take up an active ability slot.

What's with the picture? And you got it wrong. Jinada is passive, and every X sec, it gives a buff to the owner of spell a critical ability and when enemy is hit, they will get slowed for 25%, after that, the buff will get removed and after X seconds buff wil regain.

Never_Quit

Reaction score
What's with the picture? And you got it wrong. Jinada is passive, and every X sec, it gives a buff to the owner of spell a critical ability and when enemy is hit, they will get slowed for 25%, after that, the buff will get removed and after X seconds buff wil regain.

O sorry I don't play DOTA

mapguy

Reaction score
use a damage detection trigger:

my way only works for melee units.

make a trigger that detect whe an unit attacks and add it to attackerunitgroup.
and make another that if the same unit cast a spell, uses an item, stops or holds position it's removed from attackerunitgroup.

than create a damage detection GUI trigger that detects if the damage source is in attackerunitgroup and has buff JINADA, than u remove critical strike from your unit and trigger a countdown to replace the buff using a dummy unit.

keviebear

Reaction score
Jinada thingy

but how do you give jinada the cooldown it needs to make it work and how do you it without triggers?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
This is a 9 month old thread. If you still need help making a Jinada spell, make a new thread.

You would use a timer, and when the timer reaches 0, add a dummy critical strike ability (with a buff) to the hero. Then detect when he deals damage, when he does, remove the ability/buff and restart the timer.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
This is a 9 month old thread. If you still need help making a Jinada spell, make a new thread.

You would use a timer, and when the timer reaches 0, add a dummy critical strike ability (with a buff) to the hero. Then detect when he deals damage, when he does, remove the ability/buff and restart the timer.

This is wrong (Not to be a troll) Theres a certain orb, it might be orb of slow, which has cooldown on it, which can be used for passive effects, then you check simply if the unit has the buff, then do the damage if it does.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
This is wrong (Not to be a troll) Theres a certain orb, it might be orb of slow, which has cooldown on it, which can be used for passive effects, then you check simply if the unit has the buff, then do the damage if it does.

o_O I learn something new everyday. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.