Stacking Damage Reduced By X Items

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to have my armor items reduce incoming damage by a static number rather than using defense (%'s with diminishing returns)? I know there is the mountain giant's ability harden skin, but that won't stack with itself.

If not than I will just give all of my units harden skin and level it up/down when armor is equipped, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
It is hardcoded, so you would have to reduce the armor reduction in gameplay constants to 0 and then trigger it as you said.

mapguy

Reaction score
you can trigger it.

when a unit takes damage you run a trigger that cheks the number of that items in your inventory and then you use the trigger to reduce the damage.

you can make it in GUI.

but my way will also reduce damage dealed by spells, and I don't know if you want it to do it.

if you want it to block spell and attack damage you can go to my thread:

Spell request [GUI] - helping G

and request.

but I for sure, will say to you that some spells deals periodic damage, and for example, if have enoght item to reduce damage by 100 and a spell deals 30 DPS than it's the same as 0.00 damage.

it's a better idea to make something like this,:
reduces incoming damage by 25, but damage can't be reduced by more than 50%.

MateoSoetsu

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up giving every hero in my map the Nightelf Hardened Skin ability with 100 levels hidden in a disabled spellbook. Then every 1s I set the level of Hardened Skin to the total armor value of all the items they have in their inventories. In order to get the armor values I set the life of each item to its armor value in the editor, if the value is 75 (the base hp for items) it ignores that item. Then I made all units unable to attack items.

Probably not the most efficient way of doing it, but I like to be creative.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.