Statistical Poll: Are you left handed or right handed?

Are you left-handed or right-handed?

• Total voters

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
My purpose is to take a poll and count what's the average of being left or right handed.

Ambidexterity is counted as something else.

I'm a right-handed person. What's yours?

right-handed is predominant in the entire world. Left-handers are also more prone to be ambidextrous because in times of old, people forced left-handers to become right handers, also, notice how many things are fitted for right handers, scissors, mouses, knives. etc.

Only about 7-10% of the world is left handed. I myself am left-handed, although I am slightly ambidextrous

I'm potentially ambidextrous. o.o

I can teach my right hand to do what I wish it to do as well as my left hand, though I need to actually practice first, otherwise it's all clumsy. Haha.

I can teach my right hand to do what I wish it to do as well as my left hand, though I need to actually practice first, otherwise it's all clumsy. Haha.
Congratulations. You're just like any other human.

Yea.... I don't think that counts as ambidextrous. I think you should be able to pick up a pencil right now and be able to right equally well with either hand.

And I hope we're talking about writing because I do all sorts of other things with different hands.

I do all sorts of other things with different hands.

I don't think we want to know the details :p

Only human...
This poll is missing an "other" option for beings like myself with 2 fingers and 2 thumbs on each of their 6 limbs.

Im actually completely ambidexterious, i have never had a problem writing or doing anything really with my left or right hand =/

I tend to write with my right hand and type with my left. This is not because im unable to do it with my opposite hand but more because its the more accepted way of writing. I type like that because im to lazy to use both hands =/

I write with the "correct" hand, but i type purely with my left (so my right doesn't get off the mouse)

I almost always write with my right hand, but when I broke my right elbow I taught myself to use my left hand and now I'm ambidextrious.

Some people can't do it though. Like ever. You're either potentially ambidextrous, are ambidextrous, or are mained on one hand...

To get accurate results, try doing this:

Go look in a mirror and see if there's anything on your face. If there is, try to get it off.

The hand that you're using to try and get the thing off is your natural preference. ;)

I use the hand that's the closest.
You could just see which hand you write/draw/mouse with. Lately I've been using my left hand a lot on my trackpad and people often use their right hand to write because of rules or fitting in with everyone else so drawing is probably the most reliable method.

Sadly there is no simple way to find out which hand is preferred unlike eyes.

why do you need to know what everyone is handed in?

--

There is always a hand that is SLIGHTLY (slightly) better then the other hand when someone is ambidextrous, unless they were born with ambidexterity people will lean towards the hand they were originally handed towards. I also heard that the thumb you suck on when you were a baby is the hand you are handed in right now, which i think is a load of nonsense.

Just a note to the few people who claim to be ambidextrous; being able to hold a glass of water with both hands isn't ambidexterity.

Just a note to the few people who claim to be ambidextrous; being able to hold a glass of water with both hands isn't ambidexterity.

That made me laugh so hard.

I realised im more right handed =/
Its a little faster when i write and i tend to draw with it. I cant say its neater in the before mentioned things its about the same. I just find my left hand is slower.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.