--( TERRAINING CONTEST 2 )-( theme: AFTERMATH )--

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Where is the gate in pic one?

Also, why would I as a city builder plant two huge statues right next to eachother, and make them face the city wall? =?
Greetings, Davey

EDIT: Thx @ Uber :D

Reaction score
> Also, why would I as a city builder plant two huge statues right next to each other
, and make them face the city wall?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
the cathedral should be much bigger... compare the doors of houses and the cathedral, I don't think these villagers could fit in...
in the second pic that left wall looks strange... its like the door of that house is on the wall :nuts: or is it just me

and there isn't much to see in this pic... just a few houses, some peasants and that's it, although I like those mountains and blue fog behind the city :)

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Will in-game screenshots give lower points? Cause are there any cons with in-game screenshots than screenshot from the world editor? Cause I wanted corpses in the terrain.. But don't know how to create dead units than killing the in-game.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it wont give less points if you take them ingame or in world edit.
of course there are pros and cons for both, you cannot set the camera FarZ bigger as 10000 in-game for example.
but it wont matter if you take the shot ingame or not, as long as the picture looks good you will get a good valuation...

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I did not gave lower points for in-game screenshots in the previous contest. However, the other judges may consider this as a general appeal issue, so it's up to them.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
- You are not allowed to use any other programs than the Blizzard World Editor and WE enhancers (WEU, WE-no-limits, etc).

Using an image editing program results in disqualification. However, contestants are allowed to crop their images. If they leave the images un-cropped, I will do that, anyway.

Quote from the rules ^^

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Since Judges will also compete, who can you ask? For example I want to ask something about my terrain, but I have to reveal parts of it. But since we aren't allowed to reveal our terrain, we have to pm the judges, but they will also compete...

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Since Judges will also compete, who can you ask? For example I want to ask something about my terrain, but I have to reveal parts of it. But since we aren't allowed to reveal our terrain, we have to pm the judges, but they will also compete...

PM Smith ;) He is the only judge who will know the author of each terrain.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
According to my schedule, they will be posted when it's evening for me. Right now it's only 12:30. You have to wait a few more hours.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
WIPs Batch 3. Remember, authors, do not reveal yourself!

Terrain 1: (I know that he edited the screenshots, but for WIPs I allow this. I won't use these as finals though, the author will have to submit unedited pics)
11.jpg

12.jpg

Terrain 2:
21.jpg

22.jpg

Terrain 3:
31.jpg

32.jpg

Terrain 4:
41.jpg

42.jpg

Terrain 5:
51.jpg

52.jpg

Terrain 6: (I know the second pic looks weird in that left side, but that is how the author sent it)
61.jpg

62.jpg

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Cool WIP's ^^
Good atmosphere on terrain 1; I like the returning Illidan, but there is not so much detail overall.
Terrain 2 has a nice variety of doodads and vibrant environment. However it's a bit chaotic and hard to focus on.
Terrain 3 has a great layout, but I'd like to see more rampaging demons in the second pic; also it would be cool if you could somehow see the angel back (but broken or something).
Terrain 4 and 5 have great potential, but are a bit empty as of now.
Lastly, terrain 6 has the best feeling of an 'aftermath' so far imo, but could use some spicing up, dunno what exactly..

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
terrain 5 does look kinda cool, a big city in the background which got destroyed later. but there aint many details in the pic. nothing the viewer can focus on.

terrain 2 is a bit too chaotic. and in the background is nothing as an empty wasteland...

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
- You are not allowed to use any other programs than the Blizzard World Editor and WE enhancers (WEU, WE-no-limits, etc).

Using an image editing program results in disqualification. However, contestants are allowed to crop their images. If they leave the images un-cropped, I will do that, anyway.

So, for example, If i take my screenshot in world editor, i can then crop it in paint to edit out the world editor interface?

As for the WIPs
Terrain 1 is very hard to focus on.... it kinda hurts my eyes a bit. I would ease up the contrast a tad. Is there a cinematic illidan unit or doodad without the hero glow?

Terrain 2 is funny... this time the orcs get ravaged haha! I had a similar concept in mind. But that def. needs more work.

Terrain 3 ... pretty cool!

Terrain 4 ... i don't know if this is following the contest rules... theres no "civilization at its height" to get wasted! I thought you were going to make a humorous social statement in the aftermath scene, and have the forest cut down and replaced by a city.......... that would be clever ;)

Terrain 5 ... i didn't even realize there was a city in the background until i read Accname's post. The city should be the focal point!

Terrain 6 ... put in more corpses and more blood! muahhaha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.