--( TERRAINING CONTEST 2 )-( theme: AFTERMATH )--

crystalguard

Reaction score
Makes me wish warcraft still worked on my PC, dang i needa get that fixed, and above all of that i am jelious this sounds like a fun one :'( thanks everyone for choosing the worst time for me, lol well ill try not to get worked up, good luck everyone and have fun :D

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Guys, please specify your name in the e-mails. I can't guess your TH.net names.

So far I got 2 unnamed submissions and I will not include them if you don't respond to my e-mails replies, telling me your names.

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Bahhhh, I thought this time the terrain contest would include imports :(

Their totally needs to be a terrain contest where the main focus is that the terrain is actually playable, considering that map making is the reason terraining exists... imports don't make a terrain, they only enhance it.

....maybe next time

Oh snap, you remind me to post my map D

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Pff. Playable shit is boring. You have to do pathing and all that crap, which is really restricting if you want to make buildings...

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
hey smith_s9 ,

will you crop it again like last time.. or we will crop it?

(screenshots taken from W.E.)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Pff. Playable shit is boring. You have to do pathing and all that crap, which is really restricting if you want to make buildings...

I don't see how it's restrictive... it'd just mean you would have to make a better effort at actually planning out your terrain instead of just spraying doodads about.

I think whats really boring and restrictive is the consistant 'blizzard models only' rule of these terrain contests. I don't understand why people stack and flip doodads around to make walls and structures when you could completely model and skin a better looking structure in a tenth of the time.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
This contest sounds interesting. Sign me up!

I'm adept at creating playable terrain and calculating pathing for maps and as a terrainer for other mapmakers, but I have lost the skill to make cool terrain pictures, though I did some of those stuff before. This is gonna be a bit of a handicap, but I will do my best.:thup: Good luck to all!

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I think whats really boring and restrictive is the consistant 'blizzard models only' rule of these terrain contests. I don't understand why people stack and flip doodads around to make walls and structures when you could completely model and skin a better looking structure in a tenth of the time.

You perhaps. But not me ; )
It would just outbalance the contest. This is a terraining contest after all, not a modelling or skinning contest : )

Offtopic: These icons you gave me really look incredible ingame : )
Thx again!

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
This is the first WIP batch. I am sorry SerraAvenger, but your terrain had your name on it so I couldn't include it. A single person specified in the mail that he wants it to be posted as WIP (except Serra), so he is the only one to get his work posted. The others that sent me works did not specify, so I am taking them as finals.

TC2-GoodSide.png

TC2-EvilSide.png

Please give feedback and criticise. Author, remember, you are not allowed to respond!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for posting my pictures Smith ;)
Personally, I think you need some height changes, it looks flat.
Otherwise it's good!

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
This is the first WIP batch. ...
TC2-GoodSide.png

TC2-EvilSide.png

Please give feedback and criticise. Author, remember, you are not allowed to respond!

-The guard tower in the foreground is out of scale: make it bigger.

-Place more debris and corpses in the courtyard--it still looks clean after the slaughter!

-In the before picture the eye is most powerfully drawn to the courtyard flower display, in the after, there is no one focal point that draws the eye... perhaps, if you reposition the pit lord to look at the camera instead of away it would help.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.